Buying a house

I found this incredibly perfect house for the perfect price. I contacted the Realtor, and this is what they said:
"The home is currently under attorney review with a prospective buyer. If you are interested in viewing the home for a back-up offer, please contact me direct @ and I will assist you.

I will also send you other comparable homes in the area for you to review at your convenience."

Does this mean that I will not get the house n that it is already gone? Would I be wasting my time? I do want to look at other houses but if I couldn't get this one, I would be willing to wait until later in the year (save more money for a down payment). I just fell in love with it and it is the perfect location.

Any help???

Alliesmommy05

Asked by Alliesmommy05 at 9:55 PM on Jan. 12, 2010 in Home & Garden

• nothing is final until escrow and even then things could fall through. I would make an offer on the house just in case things dont work out with the prospective buyer. We just recently bought a house after an 8 month search. There were probably a dozen or more houses that we put an offer on and nothing. After going into escrow with the house we bought we got a call about a house that we had put an offer on before and they wanted to know if we were still interested because the deal with the buyer they went with fell through, so you never know whats going to happen.
    kanakake

Answer by kanakake at 10:21 PM on Jan. 12, 2010

• Thank you! This is all just so confusing! I am calling her back tomorrow to go n look at the house and see if I could possibly put in a bid... thanks!!! :)
    Alliesmommy05

Answer by Alliesmommy05 at 10:30 PM on Jan. 12, 2010