Chiropractor or Massage

I am in my 8th month and in so much pain ( lower back and down my butt to my leg) I am thinking of trying either a chiropractor or getting a massage. Any ideas on what is best? Any other tips on easing back pain? I am in so much pain I couldn't get out of bed lastnight.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:57 PM on Jan. 12, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Both. The chiropractor to help ease the hip dislocation and help with labor prep, and a message to reax you so you don't throw yourself back out being tense.
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 10:04 PM on Jan. 12, 2010

• I would so go get a massage! They do wonders
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 10:04 PM on Jan. 12, 2010

• do those and stretches. they help a lot especially when you go to have the baby, itll make its easier and less painful
    Anonymous

• Which ever one in your area has the most experience with 3rd trimester women AND has the right table for you to get the best adjustment.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 10:23 PM on Jan. 12, 2010

• Both. BUT, be aware that deep tissue massage can bring on early contractions. Chiro and hubby massages would be the best.
    Anonymous

• chiropractor! I am a big fan before, during and after pregnancy. My babies and children all get adjusted too!
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 10:20 AM on Jan. 13, 2010

• Ditto what happy2bmom25 said!
    Also, many chiropractors have massage therapists in their office so you can kill 2 birds with one stone!!
    But, ultimately, I say chiropractor because they will fix the root of the problem and not just give you temporary relief from the symptoms. If that makes sense...
    ma2b08

Answer by ma2b08 at 12:32 AM on Jan. 14, 2010