ugh, yet another iud question....

my last question was complaining that it didn't make me bleed right away like i thought it would, but 3 or 4 days after i got it put in i started bleeding and haven't stopped. it's been almost a month. it's like the first day of my period everyday (bad cramps, mood swings, bloated, irritable bowels). is this normal? all the dr. told me was that i would have an irregular period. this is irregular lol but i thought it would stop by a month! i really don't want to get it out since my dr. office lied and said my insurance covered it but they don't and now i owe $800 for the stupid thing. should i be concerned? anyone have an experience like this? thanks alot ladies

princessbeth79

Asked by princessbeth79 at 10:28 PM on Jan. 12, 2010 in Health

• I had a fluxuating period for several months and when it stopped i havent had a period in over a year and half. I still get the symptoms of period, bloating, soreness, cranky but no period. It will take your body a little while to adjust. Remember it is a foriegn object that is attached to your cervex. and it doesnt know what to do! All bodies take a different adjustment time. If it gets really heavy, or cramps are severe just wait it out a bit. I know it sucks but once it stops - ooooh the benefit of not having one :)
    roxyann76

Answer by roxyann76 at 10:52 PM on Jan. 12, 2010

• ok, great.... i'm not slowly bleeding to death lol. i'll wait it out, i go for my checkup next month. thanks alot
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 10:56 PM on Jan. 12, 2010

• did u get mirena or paraguard? i had paraguard for 8 years. despite the extremely heavy periods for the first 6 months, i loved it.
    Mel_in_PHX

Answer by Mel_in_PHX at 11:11 PM on Jan. 12, 2010

• i got the mirena bc the dr. said it would help with my endometriosis
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 11:30 PM on Jan. 12, 2010

• gosh, i really don't have an answer, but i may get one also. for some reason i didnt have a period last month, but im not pregnant so dr. was going to put me on the pill to get me started again and then i may get the iud. he told me it was around $600.00 and would last for 10 years! I will have to ask him about irregular periods too then before i have it done.
    mizzlady5

Answer by mizzlady5 at 12:19 AM on Jan. 22, 2010