yesterday was my due date and it's killing me to know when........

so i was due yesterday, my next doctors appt is this Thursday and if they don't do anything then I think I will ask if they will induce me on Mon 1/18 do you think i will go into labor on my own by then or is another eviction process gonna have to be in order...lol?? I say that cuz my son went 8 days over his due date and they had to induce me. I just want to know what my chances are of going into labor on my own any opinions would be helpful thanks ladies:)

jsimonds220

Asked by jsimonds220 at 10:30 PM on Jan. 12, 2010 in Pregnancy

• hon only that baby can tell you when he or she is ready to come out not us sorry
    Anonymous

• My mom has a "secret" scooting technique that her OB taught her.

Sit on the carpet cross legged/ indian style and cross your arms over your chest. Scoot on your butt across the room. Scoot for about 10-15 minutes then wait. Your water should break within the hour.

But if baby likes it in there, then that's the best place for baby. Good luck!
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 10:41 PM on Jan. 12, 2010

• Oh sweetheart I know it is hard but it really is best for the health of the baby to let it come on its own, it will happen you just have to be patient. Relax I mean it, your body fights labor when you are tense, if you just relax your body will do what it needs to.
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 10:54 PM on Jan. 12, 2010

• A due date (AKA: the estimated due date, EDD) is the mid-point in the doe period of 38-42 weeks. So getting to that one day itself doesn't mean "evict." ;-)
    And first-time moms average gestation of 41 weeks, 1 day, not 40 weeks, sounds like you've been there, done that!

No reason to induce unless you/baby are showing signs of complications. You might go to 41 or 42 weeks. Maybe even more.

Best wishes with everything (especially having patience!)
    ;-)

doulala

Answer by doulala at 11:00 PM on Jan. 12, 2010

• I ditto everything doulala said! My dd was born at 42w 2d. :-D
    ma2b08

Answer by ma2b08 at 12:31 AM on Jan. 14, 2010