Christians

Much of the New Testment is letters written by apostles correcting wrongs. 2 Cor. 11: 13-15, 3 Jn. 1: 9-10, 2 Tim. 1: 13-15, for example. Obviously that means there was false teaching going on while the true apostles were still alive. Obviously it was happening enough that it was continually having to be addressed. With that in mind, how can you believe that after the apostles died, some wrongs did not creep in to the church at the time? How could you believe the truth has stayed entirely since then?

This is one reason I do not attend any denomination. People seem to think that if their denom is "accepted" by others, it must be true. I find that really hard to believe.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:40 PM on Jan. 12, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• It's all about Faith. You either believe or you dont. Arguing about it solves nothing. Trying to prove the others wrong solves nothing. And while I am Christian, no one will truly, 100%, without a doubt know what the truth is until they either get to Heaven or Hell, or the Rapture happens or the world ends.
    Anonymous

• More scriptures talking about untruths being taught: Acts 20:28-30, 2Tim 4:3-4, 2Peter 2:1-2
    Anonymous

• well good for you
    Anonymous

• Did you have a point or is this to try to make Christians look bad? I believe because I have faith.
    Whatkids

Answer by Whatkids at 10:44 PM on Jan. 12, 2010

• There are some many different denominations out there that i find it had to believe that only one is right. I am just me and he is GOD , i don't think it matters as long as you know he is there and that you accepted him in your heart. My father in law is a southern baptist preacher but i have a hard time being anything but a plain old christian:) I will worship him anywhere and try to read the bible the best i can i think that is enough.

brees3

Answer by brees3 at 10:47 PM on Jan. 12, 2010

• Did you have a point or is this to try to make Christians look bad?

I was kind of thinking this as well. be surprised if the poster even is Christian or believes in God or the bible
    Anonymous

• i just choose the denomination that i feel most comfortable with. i know some people really think that what the church says is straight from God's mouth, but i think you really have to look at church as guidance and also make sure you are constantly asking yourself if their teachings are consistant with the values taught in the bible. some churches are really ritual-centered and some people like that. others are more service-oriented..... some focus on music...... there are lots of different choices to appeal to different personalities. everybody knows that the church has a history of corruption..... even when jesus was alive obviously there was corruption (for the jews as well as for the christians). idk, i guess i just feel like the church is more to guide us than anything.
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 10:52 PM on Jan. 12, 2010

• princess..agreed. also, i find it a bit irritating if not unconsciously (maybe...) demeaning to those of us who do choose a church or denomination (to become joined with) to hear/read others who made the decision not to attend church (because of various reasons, of course) or seemingly find themselves at a 'better spiritual place' because of not being any denom-that's their choice, great..personally, i like the idea that i regularly see/talk to/pray with others who , as a whole body of believers, come together for worship/fellowship/etc. i like being a member of a group of like-minded (doesn't mean every single person believes 100% the same..you'd never find that!) persons. its like a precursor to what i imagine heaven will be. its a lonely world out there, and i find comfort in being in attendance with brothers/sisters. it helps lift me up and hold me in a place i need to be. JMO

thehairnazi

Answer by thehairnazi at 11:05 PM on Jan. 12, 2010

• You will know what the truth is if what is being taught lines up with the word. Jesus will always show us what is right in His word but our job is to obey Him. John Crowder said it this way read below.

I read this in a book I was reading and it made totally sense to me... From page 87 of Miracle workers, Reformers & New Mystics: We want to understand & perfect a thing before we take necessary risks of obedience. Human wisdom loves to justify disobedience or make excuses to avoid stretching circumstances. Human wisdom says" If it is not in the word don't do it!" Jesus says "Do what I tell you then I will show you where it is in the word!" ~John Crowder

We will always know what is false because we already know what is true. I heard that to be able to know the difference between real money and counterfeit is to get to know the real thing. That's the same with Jesus.

Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 11:07 PM on Jan. 12, 2010

• I attend church every Sunday and Wednesday, it maybe a different church sometimes but i am there, i love being around other Christians i was just saying that i will worship anywhere:) i hope that you did not think i was being rude or judgemental

brees3

Answer by brees3 at 11:19 PM on Jan. 12, 2010