okay my husband wants to get a tattoo of the devil killing god!!! i'm so upset.

i'm all for tattoos and my huband has alot of them... even some evil looking one's that he got when he was younger. and i thought he was over getting any stupid thing because it looks cool. my husband don't even believe in the devil or god so why would he get that??? i think all tattoos should have meanings to them. well i'm not religous but i do believe in god. and i have a son and i dont want him to think that is right. i want him to grow up knowing god. what should i do?? i was thinking telling his mom about it lol.... she works at a church school. i already tried talking to him.

mellyhayes

Asked by mellyhayes at 10:49 PM on Jan. 12, 2010 in Relationships

• You cant force him to not do it. Just keep trying to get him to understand your point of view. If it were me, I'd tell his mom too. Not in a tattle-tail type of way, but more of a asking her what you should do about it type of way. Either way, she'll know and maybe hearing it from someone else will make him think.
    Anonymous

• I am sorry about that....I would be freaking out. Tell his Mom. He won't be anyone's favorite person if he gets that Tattoo.
    Does he WANT to be disliked?
    Anonymous

• I am with you. It's just a bad idea. Tell him that it's bad Karma (what goes around comes around) and in this case you don't want it to bite him in the butt!
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 10:57 PM on Jan. 12, 2010

• idk, how would he know what god looks like to get a tattoo of that anyway?
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 10:57 PM on Jan. 12, 2010

• its a pic he found online : (
    mellyhayes

Answer by mellyhayes at 11:00 PM on Jan. 12, 2010

• but only pagan gods have images, so it wouldn't bother me is what i'm saying.
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 11:01 PM on Jan. 12, 2010

• Are you sure he is serious? Because this sounds like the kind of nonsense that comes out when a man is on a testosterone high.

He doesn't want to be the guy with big elaborate ink that he regrets. Has he thought this through? Did you ask him "What if you have a life changing religious experience?" It's not outside the realm of possibility.

If it were my DH, I'd make him have a lot of sex until his hormones were depleted and he forgot about it. Seriously. It's a great trick for removing the stupid.

ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 11:04 PM on Jan. 12, 2010

• My grandson got one similar to that. Young men (and some women) like things that get them attention. They don't really think of the meaning behind the pix. By the time your son gets old enough to understand the meaning of the tattoo dad will probably get tired of it and get it filled in.

Answer by admckenzie at 11:08 PM on Jan. 12, 2010

• p.s. Yeah, I'd tell his mom. If he is proud of his choice then he should be ok with mom knowing.

Answer by admckenzie at 11:09 PM on Jan. 12, 2010

• He (supposedly) doesn't believe in God or Satan and that is PRECISELY wHY he would do it....OR, it is a rebellion against God for him to want a tattoo such as this. I would tell his mama - - - yup yup I WOULD!!! Act like a kid - get treated like one!

No matter what, I would very seriously voice your concern and let him know how very important it is to you that he not get THIS tattoo....any tattoo, but THIS ONE....if he can't respect your wishes, gosh....I would be pretty sad/angry/confused, and wonder what else he will disrespect your feelings about....
    TLALONDE16

Answer by TLALONDE16 at 12:33 AM on Jan. 13, 2010