Storytime

Our public library offers a "story time" once a week for children ages 0-3. I would love to go to this! My son is about to turn 9 months. I know they SAY its for children ages 0-3 but do you think he's really old enough to go? I don't want him squeaking, skirming, and ruining the story for other kids. Am I overthinking this? Should I take him? What do you think?

Thanks!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:15 PM on Jan. 12, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I would say absolutely go! :) It's a great way for you and your kiddo to meet other families and get involved in the community! Lots of the kids that go to our town's children's time play with other books/toys and babble with the other kids- it's to be expected :) Some weeks my 16mo dd pays attention, others she's dancing away in the middle of the story- it is what it is.. but it's definitely a great free community activity! Have fun!
    LishaBee

Answer by LishaBee at 11:32 PM on Jan. 12, 2010

• Take him!! Of course he may not pay attention too much but once you get there you'll see that the other kids are the same way! Its 0-3 for a reason so if they were worried about squeaking it would be alot older. A good story teller is used to the noise and unruly children. At least go once or twice to experience what it's like without assuming. After a few times your child may even get used to it and pay more attention.
    I've learned that when it comes to my children and opportunities I CAN'T be shy and worried because I am the one who is responsible for showing them the world and all that is in it!! Get fearless when it comes to things like this. It really helps.
    MamaChamp

Answer by MamaChamp at 11:20 PM on Jan. 12, 2010

• I would say go for it! Ig he starts to get fussy just quietly leave or walk him around! Make sure you sit somewhere that is by the door so that you do not disturb others if u have to leave
    blondiemaker07

Answer by blondiemaker07 at 11:21 PM on Jan. 12, 2010

blondiemaker07

Answer by blondiemaker07 at 11:22 PM on Jan. 12, 2010

• most of the time they have music and puppets and stuff to entertain the kids pretty good
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 11:26 PM on Jan. 12, 2010

• go, it should be a fun time. There will be other parents there dealing with the same types of things your kid does.
    vickwu

Answer by vickwu at 11:57 PM on Jan. 12, 2010