jealousy problem with my 5yr and 20 month old

my daughter used to be so independent, she used to love playing with her dolls in her room or just coloring on the couch next to us but ever since her baby bro has been able to walk and talk she has been on a mission to show me she misses being the baby lol. i try very hard to show them both equal love and affection, i also spend time with just her and i, by baking, doing homework everyday, letting her read me stories, etc, but it seems that every move someone makes with the baby, she wants them to do the exact same to her. if i laugh at him, i must also laugh at her. if he sits in my lap, then she too must sit there. if someone even speaks to the baby they absolutely have to speak to her too. i know its kinda norm. but she no longer listens when i tell her to do things that the baby doesnt understand. and she thinks im playing favorites bc he is always around me and she has to play on her own sometimes. what do i say to her?

secondtyme520

Asked by secondtyme520 at 11:27 PM on Jan. 12, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• No answers yet