Do you think single moms are unstable bitter people?

Im a single mom and I wouldnt say Im unstable, but I am a bit bitter. All the single moms I know seem to have the roughest time finding a mate or even dating. Its so easy to say just wait on a man or right now you should just worry about you and your child. But I want some adult interaction too, but Im so hurt by what her dad did to me.
So my question is to anyone. Do you think single moms are bitter or unstablel people?

If you dont have anything nice to say then dont respond.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:42 PM on Jan. 12, 2010 in Relationships

• No. Been married for 10 years and I don't think I could do it alone! I give single mothers a ton of credit. It sounds like you are single by choice and there is nothing wrong with that.
    Mel_in_PHX

Answer by Mel_in_PHX at 11:45 PM on Jan. 12, 2010

• No, I do not think so. I was a single mom at one point. When I finally realized that I did not need a man to have a happy life is when it all seemed to come together for me. At this point, I was able to be happy and feel content and almost FREE. After about six months, I finally met someone whom I eventually married. It seems like when you stop looking is when you finally meet someone worthy. That is the key... don't be desperate. I still know that I do not need a man to be happy. What I need is my children, my parents, my family, etc... a man is nice to have, but certainly, I can live without...
    Anonymous

• I do find a lot of them are bitter, not all though. I can't honestly say I don't blame them for being bitter either. I'm bitter too, and have a husband... although most of the time it feels like I'm a single mom.

unstable? I've met a few LOL but it has nothing to do with being a single mom or married, they are just unstable people ;)
    Anonymous

• Some may be, but every situation is different. For now, I would definitely focus on yourself and your child- but keep in mind there are still ways to get adult interaction with your child in tow! The local park, the library, the rec center- museums, concerts, local sporting events! Getting involved in your community is great for both you and your child- you can meet so many great, stable people while providing the groundwork for a great childhood for your little one. Then somewhere down the road who knows who you may meet :) Best of luck!
    LishaBee

Answer by LishaBee at 11:46 PM on Jan. 12, 2010

• OP HERE:
    @ MEL N PHX: Im not really single by choice. Her dad hit me once when we got into a huge argument and I put him out the next day. We tried to work it for him to just continue to lie to me and he ended up leaving me, meeting some chick with no kids and getting married to her this past December. So yeah I guess Im bitter. Im actually pissed.
    Anonymous

• I think that there are alot of extremely different situations that would make a mother single and shape them very differently. For example, if the dad was a deadbeat or hurt the woman emotionally or physically, it would be alot different then if the spouse died, and both of those single mom's would be very different from a woman who got invtro wanting to be a single mother, does that make sense? Anyways no, I don't think that single mothers are unstable or bitter, but I think they can be, as a reaction to what they've been through, or just as a personality trait. All people are different and life shapes everyone differently.
    gypsymama532

Answer by gypsymama532 at 11:53 PM on Jan. 12, 2010

• The logic in the question is off. If single, then bitter and unstable? It's a wide sweeping generalization. It's like saying if black, then stupid and poor. But, I'll say this. If I ran into a single mom that's bitter and unstable I would STILL think highly of her because she's managing parenthood alone. Well... then again.. depends on how bitter and unstable.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:32 AM on Jan. 13, 2010

• I'm gonna have to say that it's an over-generalization to say that all single moms are bitter and unstable. I too know of a single mom who is quite unstable; so much that the children suffer as a result of her bitterness towards her ex. I don't feel sorry for HER becuz she decided to get herself pregnant (when she told him she was on BC and she really wasn't) multiple times just to have him leave her. She also lied about a lot of things like that she was raped and her first child was a result of this rape, only come to find out it never happened (the rape). She was unstable from the get-go and hid it very well. Her instability as a person is why she is now a single mom and the bitterness follows ironically enough. Not all cases are like this.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:19 AM on Jan. 13, 2010

• Yeah I agree with the other posts that not ALL single moms are unstable and bitter. Of course there are some that are out there. I am a single mom and sometimes I do get bitter because I wish my DD had a man in her life. And I wish I could have a man love me. But one day...one day we will have that. Doesn't have to be now.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:17 AM on Jan. 13, 2010

• OH and because it is soooooooo hard to be a single mom lol. Had to add that.
    Anonymous