How much should I charge for watching 2 kids??

A friend of DH's is asking me to watch his 5yr old dd and take a 7yr old to school in the morning, pick him up after and they will be there until 1700 (5pm). This starts at 0600 (6am) for PT and he is offering $500/mo. Which is GREAT with me being a SAHM and still able to spend time with my child while she interacts with others.... but I'm wondering if this is too little? I know daycare in this area is $1000/mo for 1 kid and onbase it's $800. I also have a pinched nerve in my back and will be starting physical therapy, maybe having surgery.... should I even attempt this??? TOTALLY LOST on this one! Please help and no bashing.......

07lilmama1108

Asked by 07lilmama1108 at 11:46 PM on Jan. 12, 2010 in General Parenting

• it sounds good to me i would be doing flips. 500 and like u said its someone your kiide can paly with and the learning how to share, and the 2nd child will be in school you ur only watching him for a shrt time in the am and again after school u can also see it as a discount u help him buy being cheaper and u get xtra cash and ur kiddi gets a friend.....now for me i was doing the 25 bucks a day but i was the one who suplied the juice snacks meals and safty of child. again 25 bucks a day. one mom i had she was in a rutt and needed help so for her i lowerd to 4.00 an hour but i was still getting anyweres from 50 buck and at times 105. a week, which as a sahm myself hellped a lil. but now she gets childcare thre state which in the end yeahh screws me if i babysit her son 3 days i might get a 40.00 check in a week or 2 its tireing and stressful. honey 500 is a good deal can i have it if u pass it up lol. xo good luck xoxo
    tabbys4

Answer by tabbys4 at 12:05 AM on Jan. 13, 2010

• it sounds like a good deal, but with your nerve problem it's completely up to you, you probably wont be able to do everything he needs you to do.
    angevil53

Answer by angevil53 at 11:56 PM on Jan. 12, 2010

• ok sorry just read what i put and noticed yes i am tired and ready for bed. not drunk lol i swear just tired. anyways good luck keep us posted xo =)
    tabbys4

Answer by tabbys4 at 12:09 AM on Jan. 13, 2010

• WOW that sounds like a great deal to me!!! I was getting maybe 1/2 that to watch 2 kids (4 & 7) FULL days during the summer.
    If they are well behaved children I say go for it!!! BUT if you think for any reason they may give you trouble, your kids will not get along with them, or it may cause more physical stress for you Don't do it.
    bgcmommy

Answer by bgcmommy at 12:47 AM on Jan. 13, 2010

• that sounds good to me. i would try a chiropractor before physical therapy for your back, though. they have quicker and better results.
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 10:01 AM on Jan. 13, 2010