Do I need to take away my dd's sippy?? (question off a question)

My dd is 2 years old.. she's had a sippy for bedtime since she was moved into her toddler bed at 13 mos. It's just pure water incase she gets thirsty... she's potty training during the day but in diapers at night. And she's dry all night and pees the next morning right when she wakes up. Also, DH and I have water by our bed for the night too... he always has, this is new to me but is it necessary to take this away?

07lilmama1108

Asked by 07lilmama1108 at 11:51 PM on Jan. 12, 2010 in General Parenting

• I don;t really see anytrhing wrong ,with sleeping with a sippy cup , by her on a end table in case she wakes up thirsty in the middle of the night. thats okay. :)
    incarnita

Answer by incarnita at 9:05 AM on Jan. 13, 2010

• I don't see why if it's not causing problems. I give water to my kids at bedtime.
    Anonymous

• if it ain't broke, don't fix it! :D
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:20 AM on Jan. 13, 2010

• no, I dont see any reason to take it away unless there's a problem with your child going to sleep or wetting the bed or something like that.
    Texan1993

Answer by Texan1993 at 2:09 AM on Jan. 13, 2010

• My daughter had a sippy with water next to her bed until she was around 8 (she is a spiller); now she has a glass with a straw.

Answer by rkoloms at 6:51 AM on Jan. 13, 2010

• I do not think sippy cups are a big deal. My kids had them until I was sure they would not spill big cup drinks. They had them in our house until they were 7 and 8 years old. They had sippys or cups with lids and straws or sports bottles. I valued my new carpet to much to get stains all over the place.
    mom2boys1997

Answer by mom2boys1997 at 8:39 AM on Jan. 13, 2010