8mo old, recieved shots, actings strange, normal?

Follow up question. What are symptoms to look out for? My 8mo old recieved vaccinations ( Hep B, and flu shot) a week ago and is acting strange. Very grumpy, not playful, her face is sort of puffy, shes waking up screaming at night.. just not her usual self.
Last time she had vaccines she acted different, but not this bad. Should I take her to the hospital? What are symptoms to look out for?

stenhouse_baby

Asked by stenhouse_baby at 12:15 AM on Jan. 13, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I stopped vaccinating after the 4 month shots..I highly suggest joining the anti vacc groups or any other vacc info groups on this site..they will have a ton of info for you. It is highly possible that your daughter is having a reaction to the vaccines and the doctors will never admit it. I would take her in to be sure and watch her closely at night. Good luck, and I hope you find some good info on those boards. I sure did!
    CurvyMommato1

Answer by CurvyMommato1 at 12:19 AM on Jan. 13, 2010

• Also, my personal opinion is that shots should not be given with any type of flu shot...I really hope your daughter is okay and it is not directly related to this though
    CurvyMommato1

Answer by CurvyMommato1 at 12:20 AM on Jan. 13, 2010

• Thank you. I am not comfortable giving her shots. The last shots she recieved, she immeadiately broke out in hives and contracted the rottovirus and had diarrhea for two months straight. When I debated this with her doctor, he argued with me and told me I was doing her wrong by not "protecting her". I want to get a different peditrition, but its hard to find someone that accepts Oregon health plan, that will give her the care she needs. This is the 5th doctor we have seen in the same clinic. We switchd doctors because each one misdiagnosed her acid reflux and lactoce intolerancy as Colic. And told me to just let her cry. After three months I finally tuned in to my baby and switch to Alimentum formula. Shes been normal ever since...
    stenhouse_baby

Answer by stenhouse_baby at 12:25 AM on Jan. 13, 2010