Do you see a doctor regularly?

I haven't seen a family practice doc in 5+ years but when I called for a new doctor for a yearly check-up (not a pap) it kind of seemed to be out of the ordinary so I started wondering if anyone gets regular check-ups these days? I'm 32 but like they say you have to take care of yourself in order to take care of your kids.

oahoah

Asked by oahoah at 12:30 AM on Jan. 13, 2010 in Health

• i see my chiropractor regularly. i believe in emergency medicine...but i don't see the importance of annual dr. visits. i believe that how you live your life has a much larger imapct on your health and longevity than testing cholesterol levels etc. Living well to us is sleeping well (8 hours for adults) eating well (reduced processed foods, increased veggies...)exercising well (daily walks outside preferably) loving well, and praying well ( i do believe that faith is very important)
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 9:53 AM on Jan. 13, 2010

• I went for a regular physical laster year after not going for 8 years. I never get sick and had not been to a doc (other than for babies) in those 8 years. I am glad I went b/c I found out I have high cholesterol and I am only 30! I think it is a good thing to go.
    monyka_b

Answer by monyka_b at 12:48 AM on Jan. 13, 2010

• I had my annual physical last week but I go to my doctor whenever I need to.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 8:24 AM on Jan. 13, 2010

• Genetics play a huge part in cholesterol and health issues. It sometimes is more than being healthy and living well. Sometimes Docs can catch things that you might not be aware of.
    monyka_b

Answer by monyka_b at 6:16 PM on Jan. 17, 2010