wat does this mean?

Well I have been getting really sharp pains from the top of my right butt all the way down to my ankle. They were jus every now & then but today I have had like 8 of them. Everytime Iam standing it makes my leg buckle & hurts really bad for jus a couple of seconds. Am I low on some kind of vitamin or something?

Mrs.Ferri

Asked by Mrs.Ferri at 12:42 AM on Jan. 13, 2010 in Pregnancy

• it's called sciatic nerve pain. nothing you can do about it until after the baby is born. Baby is sitting/laying on this nerve
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:44 AM on Jan. 13, 2010

• sciatic nerve it is!
    Jeda624

Answer by Jeda624 at 12:49 AM on Jan. 13, 2010

• THANK U
    Mrs.Ferri

Answer by Mrs.Ferri at 2:41 AM on Jan. 13, 2010

• if there is pressure on the sciatic nerve you could get that shooting pain running down the leg. you can go to a chiropractor. Accupuncture has been known to work, and massage, and yoga have all been known to work. back pain does not have to be a part of your pregnancy or life for that matter.
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 9:47 AM on Jan. 13, 2010