Ghandi?

Do you think Ghandi is in hell? Why or why not?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:51 AM on Jan. 13, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• If Ghandi is in hell so is Mother Theresa.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:52 AM on Jan. 13, 2010

• no, i dont think he's in hell, he's dead until the resurrection where he will be judged.
    Anonymous

• Nope. Because I dont believe in hell for one thing, and for another I dont think good men with good hearts would go there anyway.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 12:58 AM on Jan. 13, 2010

• No, Gandhi is dead until God resurrects him unto his judgment. Will he go to hell after that I don't know for only God is that judge and thank God it's him and not us.
    rhanford

Answer by rhanford at 1:02 AM on Jan. 13, 2010

• I dont believe in hell, but if I end up being wrong about that, and Ghandi doesnt make it, I sure know I'm not, either.
    redderbedder

Answer by redderbedder at 1:14 AM on Jan. 13, 2010

• why would he be in hell??? He was a great man I don't understand why anyone would think he was in hell
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:19 AM on Jan. 13, 2010

• Ghandi was a man who studied the Bible; He knew all the stories of Jesus. He read the words of Christ. Ghandi had a choice to follow God. And he was given a gift. I don't know if he accepted it or not. Certainly he didn't accept the gift during most of his life. He could have had a spiritual experience with Christ close to his death (that no one would know about). I would love to think that on his deathbed he prayed to the one who can bring peace, equality, satisfaction to people in the deepest way.

The point is, if Ghandi did not accept the Lord and is condemned, then it was because He rejected the gift offered to him.
    Cinnamon-mom

Answer by Cinnamon-mom at 2:16 AM on Jan. 13, 2010

• If the Christian interpretation of cosmology is the "One" and one chooses to follow that jealous and vindictive creator then anyone whom chooses not follow that path would be exiled from the presence of that God. IMO< there are many paths to the creator and each will be judged on what they have done for their fellow man and as a steward of the earth. There is no hell but our behavior here and now will be the criteria on which what happens to our soul/energy is decided.

emptynstr

Answer by emptynstr at 7:10 AM on Jan. 13, 2010

• not in hell.. but then again, him and I don't believe in it.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 7:48 AM on Jan. 13, 2010

• I believe he is dead, not conscious of anything at all (Ecclesiastes 9:5,10) and will receive a resurrection along with the vast majority who have died, when God's Kingdom comes to Earth as promised (John 5:28,29; Daniel 2:44....).
    JWMum

Answer by JWMum at 7:57 AM on Jan. 13, 2010