hair conditioner for kids?

My 4-year old daughter's hair is always entangled. I've not used conditioner on her before because I'm afraid it may aggravate her skin eczema but it's getting to a point it's difficult to comb her hair. I'm wondering if there's any conditioner that I can use?

wanita61

Asked by wanita61 at 12:56 AM on Jan. 13, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• my daughter has excema, and the same super tangling hair.
    It has done her hair wonders since I switched her to adult shampoo.
    also a satin pillow case will help with the morning bed head
    and some of that detangling spray for those tangles that still come up.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:01 AM on Jan. 13, 2010

• Whatever you use, check the safety of the ingredients in the cosmetics database: www.ewg.org

By age four, my daughter had very thick and curly hair; I used the trader joes conditioner.

Answer by rkoloms at 6:31 AM on Jan. 13, 2010

• Have you eliminated dairy? this usually help excema.

• I have used my adult conditioner on my daughter's hair since she was 4 - her hair is thick and super curly. I now have her use a leave in conditioner when she gets out of the bathtub and we still have to use detangling spray in the morning for knots.

Answer by missanc at 12:57 PM on Jan. 13, 2010

• I use adult conditioner, or a leave in conditioner on my boys. If I had a girl with longish hair, I would keep it in braids, especially at night to help with the tangles.
    twin_mommy

Answer by twin_mommy at 4:04 PM on Jan. 13, 2010