ladies i am 5 1/2 months pregnant and here lately ive been havin major problems sleeping.i only get about 4 hours a day sometimes less.has this happend to anyone else? what should i do?

riparianah

Asked by riparianah at 1:32 AM on Jan. 13, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I considered it lucky if I could sleep that much towards the end of my pregnancy LOL. It's normal to experience restlessness & sleeplessness. Try laying down & reading before bed, that used to help me. Also lavander scents are suppose to be relaxing.
    WannabeMommy87

Answer by WannabeMommy87 at 1:51 AM on Jan. 13, 2010

• I'm 6 months now...or I should say 23 wks...I rarely get good sleep due to baby moving and constantly having to pee...I'm seriously if I like down for 8 hours at night I only get a good 3-4 and am always drifting of throughout the day at school or when I get home and watch tv...I'm not much encouragement, but you aren't alone!!
    Jeda624

Answer by Jeda624 at 2:09 AM on Jan. 13, 2010

• I couldnt sleep at all so i told my doctor and she gave me some sleeping pills that work like a charm, so i would talk to your doctor. : ) GL
    Casteel_chick

Answer by Casteel_chick at 2:19 AM on Jan. 13, 2010

• Having a baby and sleep don't go together............. EVER!!!!! Once the doctor told me I was expecting I kissed my sleeping nights away. It all just starts at about 5 months along you have to pee ever 20 minutes and then before you know it when you shout your eyes the baby goes into full kicking mode and then when the baby is out here that's when the real fun begins you close your eyes and the baby is wet, crying, hungry or just plan out crying to be heard.

So to sum this up this is normal and you are not alone so just sit back and enjoy this wonderful ride that you are in store for it's the greatest. I would not trade my sleepless nights in for ANYTHING................
    raemommy

Answer by raemommy at 2:21 AM on Jan. 13, 2010

• You can try a relaxing bath before bed, and sleep in a recliner. I had some issues sleeping through the night as well, but you just have to try and sleep the best you can. Prop some pillows or put them on each side of your stomach.
    Trust me you want to get as much sleep as you can now.. For atleast the first 3 months we will be getting less sleep then while you were pregnant.
    Good Luck to you!!
    Sillylins

Answer by Sillylins at 4:31 PM on Jan. 13, 2010