Breast reduction ??

What are the steps to going about getting this done? I am so big I have never measured myself. I wear size 42 DDD but they are too small. My chest size is actually 36, but my cup size is so big I have to buy bigger around the chest for the cup to fit.
I saw pictures of myself and about threw up. I want them gone. I am tired of the aching pain in my shoulders and back.
Help me figure out what I need to do. I know...go to my doctor.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:36 AM on Jan. 13, 2010 in Health

• First I would research the two different types of reductions, one where the milk glands are removed and one where they are reinserted once your size has been adjusted, and compile a list of questions about both so you can talk to your physician.
    Then you have to go see a surgeon that will perform a reduction, mine did an initial visit and 2-3 more visits
    before he actually did the surgery. The first visit is when you can get most of your questions answered.
    Once you have a date scheduled make sure to take appropriate time off work (I took 2 weeks and needed almost every day) and have some help around the house. I was a 38III, when I had mine done, I had muscle issues which req'd muscle relaxers and couldn't really use my arms at first.
    Perpare yourself with as much information as you can, it is a difficult surgery to recover from (the bigger you are the worse it is) and the more you are prepared the better.
    Good luck!
    Daylex

Answer by Daylex at 2:15 AM on Jan. 13, 2010