Anyone else NOT add salt and pepper to food?

I get told I am odd adn the only one that eats things just as they are. I dont add salt, pepper, sugar, nothing.
The most I will add to something is Garlic.
I am just content with the natural salts in things.
Anyone else happy with foods as they are?

Mrs.Owen86

Asked by Mrs.Owen86 at 2:36 AM on Jan. 13, 2010 in Just for Fun

• i never add salt; my sisters both reach for the salt before they pick up a fork! i do use pepper occasionally, but when i'm cooking, if the recipe calls for various additions 'to taste', i might use s/p or some form of it, like mrs.dash, or lemon-pepper or garlic.
    i HATE eating salty foods, actually. like when you order fries at a hamburger joint, or the chips at a mexican restaurant, and before you eat one you have to shake off the 'extra salt'..no thank you!
    thehairnazi

Answer by thehairnazi at 8:54 AM on Jan. 13, 2010

• How can you live without flavor, I would die without seasonings it makes my food fun and cooking fun. Do you not eat it at all or just when you cook?
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 2:38 AM on Jan. 13, 2010

• I dont add salt to anything. Things taste just fine to me LOL. I Dont see the need to add salt when food already has so much natural salt. LOL
    I just have always been that way. Never have ate it.
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 2:46 AM on Jan. 13, 2010

• When you go out do you eat what they give with seasonings and all? I am just wondering if maybe you had a bad experience. I don't use a lot of salt because things don't usually need it, but I love other seasonings they make life so much fun for me, I love coming up with new flavors and such.
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 2:50 AM on Jan. 13, 2010

• Im not much for change If and when I go out to eat I get a salad with grilled chicken.
    LOL Only seasonings I use would be BBQ sauce when grilling and garlic.
    I use sugar and stuff only when baking I LOVE baking.
    I just am not a fan of salt and pepper.
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 2:52 AM on Jan. 13, 2010

• I wonder if you don't have sensitive taste buds, and that is why. I think its neat because I don't know many people brave enough to eat without seasoning. Good for you really.
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 2:54 AM on Jan. 13, 2010

• LOL IDK, I just know i get teased even by my husband who I swear eats anough salt for an army LOL.
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 2:55 AM on Jan. 13, 2010

• ohh im totally with ya!!! i dont add salt or pepper to anything..especially pepper..YUCK!! unlike the rest of my family, they add both to EVERYTHING!! i never have...i was actually at subway once, and they asked me if i wanted salt/pepper, i said no thankyou, and he said i was one of very few ppl that say no, and i said i dont put it on anything, and then as we were talking he accidentally put some on my sub...and i stopped him, and he felt terrible, and made me a brand new sub, and gave it to me for half price..lol YAY!!
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 3:50 AM on Jan. 13, 2010

• LOL At subway with us my husband has to tell them to keep coming with it LOL.
    They look at me like Im daffy for not wanting it. LOL
    At least I am not alone
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 4:01 AM on Jan. 13, 2010

• I don't add salt but I use alot of other seasonings especially garlic. We love our seasonings and if you use those you don't need to add the salt. Besides salt always has burned my mouth.
    lbranta

Answer by lbranta at 4:08 AM on Jan. 13, 2010