Do you know who your friends are?

The older I get the more I figure it out.. and I just LOVE that this chick.. that i've known since 8th grade.. that was my bff before i met my husband.. couldn't even wish my 1 year old a happy birthday, or mention the fact that its been a year or wow she's big.. just nothing at all .. makes me sick..

Jan0609momma

Asked by Jan0609momma at 2:41 AM on Jan. 13, 2010 in Just for Fun

• At some point you just learn that some friends aren't really friends, and some are keepers. It is hard not to get hurt but I look at my Dh and DD and know that they love me no matter so that makes me feel better.
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 2:45 AM on Jan. 13, 2010

• I knew this one girl since 8th grade as well. We were best friends. When I moved she stopped talking tome all together.
    Y I have only 2 true friends Crystal in NC and Matt in MS
    Crystal married to a marine so that is why they are there and Matt is AF so that is why he is there.
    I miss them both so much!
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 2:50 AM on Jan. 13, 2010

• I have many friends and family who never remember to tell my son happy birthday, or me or anything like that. I am the one who Always remembers everyone birthday. If I cant get a present I always get a card. I always call on birthdays, or anniversaries. I need more friends like me!
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 3:03 AM on Jan. 13, 2010

• I don't put expectations on my friends, in fact they call me to remind me of their kids birthdays and their own! lol, I have a very bad memory and 4 kids though...All of my friends have been my friends for 15-25 years, and they all fill parts of me that I need, just like I fill things in them that they need. I don't know what I would do without ANY of them at different parts of my life, and me with theirs. Some I only talk to once s year, others every day. I would call her and tell her it hurt your feelings. If she is truly your BFF, you should be able to be open with her in a caring way. Don't throw away a friendship without absolute cause to do so. :)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:14 AM on Jan. 13, 2010

• Beat this ... One of my closest friends and my bestest sister actually both BRUSHED THEIR SHOULDER OFF AT ME !! Not at the same time but , it's major PLASTIK sabbotage since I work with my friend and, My lil sister , let's just say it got violent and LAPD was inv olved- Not pretty!
    mami323

Answer by mami323 at 3:26 AM on Jan. 13, 2010

• I am so sorry about your friends. I know I have my bff we have been close friends for a little over 35 years now. I know I am blessed to have her as a friend.
    lbranta

Answer by lbranta at 4:06 AM on Jan. 13, 2010

• Friends? What's that? Sometimes I feel like I don't even know my best friend from high school anymore. Since I moved to this one horse town 15 years ago, I have not made any new friends. My brother and sister don't talk to me anymore, but, they have time for each other. Ugh! No wonder I spend so much time on this computer!
    crazycatlady66

Answer by crazycatlady66 at 7:30 AM on Jan. 13, 2010

• I have had the same best friends for over 20 years. We have laughed,cried,and everything inbetween together. I can honestly say I have about 20 girl friends that I talk to on a weekly basis, there are 5 on a daily basis. We grew up together and will grow old together, I love these women. We all have grown into the women we are with each other.
    ronjwake

Answer by ronjwake at 7:57 AM on Jan. 13, 2010

• Yeah, I have my best friend since 1993, who, over the years, has just shown herself to be a better person, and a better friend than I would ever expect. We haven't lived nearby since 1996, but she is still my other half.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 8:23 AM on Jan. 13, 2010