The girl shouldnt had been crossing in the middle of the road but

HOW COULD SOMEONE HIT 2 YOUNG CHILDREN AND LEAVE THEM FOR DEAD??

Los Angeles Police have released some shocking video of a hit and run accident in hopes of tracking down the driver. A car hit two girls, a 14 year old and her three year old niece, throwing them 40 feet in the air. The teen says the car sped out of nowhere.

The 14 year old suffered a broken pelvis. Her niece had a broken leg, broken ankle and skull fracture. The suspect is a woman driving a white 2 door sedan. Police say the video is their only clue in the case and they're hoping someone might recognize the car.

*The video is on the same page just one the side. I almost cried seeing that 3 year old in that cast.*

Mrs.Owen86

Asked by Mrs.Owen86 at 2:43 AM on Jan. 13, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• This happened to a friend of mine years ago. The driver hit, left, and then returned later with her lawyer. She claimed she "thought it was a cone". If you thought it was a cone - why come back with your lawyer?

My friend didn't make it, by the way, and even though the driver was driving with a suspended license, she was "punished" with a very small amount of community service.

I hope they do catch this driver, and that she gets a heck of a lot more than community service!!
    DusterMommy

Answer by DusterMommy at 5:05 PM on Jan. 13, 2010

• Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 2:43 AM on Jan. 13, 2010

• Imogene... I think she was heading off the "the girl shouldnt have been in the road" answers. At no point does it come CLOSE to her blaming the girls. There are some sick people out there that is for sure! Poor girls! Thank GOD they werent killed!

momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 9:29 AM on Jan. 13, 2010

• Maybe this woman (the driver) has something else on her and this hit and run is not going to help matters...she is in deep shit though. sooner or later they find them.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:32 AM on Jan. 13, 2010

• We had a similar hit and run in a nearby city. The driver was caught; she had been drinking. I think she just got sentenced to nine years.

I hope they catch this driver.
    mancosmomma

Answer by mancosmomma at 10:52 AM on Jan. 13, 2010

• Do you mean "shouldn't have been?" Because your question doesn't sound right.

This has happened a few times where I live. In two cases, they found the person. The other, they did not. In the cases where they found the driver, the driver had been drunk. Imagine that.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:00 AM on Jan. 13, 2010

• How could someone do that? Drunk, High, Wanted for something that would land them in jail if they stopped, or all around scum of the Earth. Thank God they both lived and will probably recover well (I hope.) I just answered to give you a bump so more people will watch the video and maybe recognize the car or driver.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:34 AM on Jan. 13, 2010

• Anon, Thanks, I pray someone does. That woman needs to be seriously punished. I just couldnt believe what I was seeing! HOw can people do that ! UGH
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 11:39 AM on Jan. 13, 2010

• oh man dustermommy i am so sorry to hear that !
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 5:45 PM on Jan. 13, 2010