When was the first time you felt old?

I was having a conversation with a friend of mine, who is my age, and I told her that there have been different stages of feeling "old" in my life, the first one I remember was finding some silver hair at 17 years old, I wish that was the only time I felt old...She told me that hers was when she didn't get carded for some wine. So, I was just curious on other people's first old feeling :)

Lucie1979

Asked by Lucie1979 at 5:48 AM on Jan. 13, 2010 in Just for Fun

• When my son told me he has had sexual relations.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:51 AM on Jan. 13, 2010

• Wow, yeah...I don't know if I EVER want that one!
    Lucie1979

Answer by Lucie1979 at 5:54 AM on Jan. 13, 2010

• For me it was when I turned 41 because suddenly I was middle aged and OVER 40! 40 was ok but I felt old being over 40
    lbranta

Answer by lbranta at 7:23 AM on Jan. 13, 2010

• The first time I really felt old was when I found out the kids I babysat when I was young were having kids of their own!
    formykids373

Answer by formykids373 at 7:37 AM on Jan. 13, 2010

• I was born old.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 8:20 AM on Jan. 13, 2010

• When kids I knew that were like in Junior high when I graduated started getting married and having kids...and I'm only 25 lol..but then again...where I grew up, it was a small town. Everybody gets married REALLY young..
    babycakes254

Answer by babycakes254 at 8:24 AM on Jan. 13, 2010

• My 30th birthday. I cried all that day thinking "OMG I'm 30!!!!" Looking back, 30 wasn't so bad. Now my son has figured out that this year, I'm half way to 90! YIKES!!
    Robsmommy

Answer by Robsmommy at 8:27 AM on Jan. 13, 2010

• I suddenly became old when I was widowed at 21. I'm much younger now thank you.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:54 AM on Jan. 13, 2010

• I felt old when I had a hysterectomy at 23. My mom had her hysterectomy 1 week after mine, that made me feel "old" more than anything. The fact that I would need to be on hormone replacement medication for the rest of my life really slapped me good.

Now I look back and laugh.
    momtotrips

Answer by momtotrips at 9:02 AM on Jan. 13, 2010

• A couple years ago when I saw one of those pop-music "Top Twenty" lists on some web site and realized I didn't recognize even one of the artists names or the title to any of the songs. Five minutes before that I honestly believed I was aware of the current popular music.
    patterns

Answer by patterns at 9:04 AM on Jan. 13, 2010