Islam is......

This was posted on another group.

When you Google Christianity is, Judaism is... you get a list of sites like Christianity is evil, Judaism is evil. When you Google Christianity/Judaism will.. you get results like Christianity/Judaism will end. Every search result is very negative. Google Islam is, and all the results are "temporarily down". This search question has been blocked by Google.

I just found this interesting that this would even happen. What do you think? Is Google afraid of offending people who are Islamic but not concerned with people of other faiths? or was this just a computer glitch?

RyansMom001

Asked by RyansMom001 at 6:21 AM on Jan. 13, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• I happen to agree that just about any religion can be openly critiqued except for the islam faith. If a person dares to bring up one act of terrorism in the last decade, the person will get told get educated. Bringing up the crusades from hundreds of years ago seems perfectly acceptable.

putting aside what are views on islam are I think it is a little weird that one faith is censored. I agree that all faiths should be treated fairly equal on this. I wonder if there is more to the situation than we know?
    Kattykitten

Answer by Kattykitten at 10:40 AM on Jan. 13, 2010

• RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 6:21 AM on Jan. 13, 2010

• I like to think this was just an honest computer malfunction but I don't know.

RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 6:23 AM on Jan. 13, 2010

• http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qott73xMyLk

Here is a youtube video about the issue. 

RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 6:29 AM on Jan. 13, 2010

• Yet another part of Babylon The Great.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:30 AM on Jan. 13, 2010

• We all know you can't say anything bad about Islam, it may offend someone......
    ***rolls eyes***
    ronjwake

Answer by ronjwake at 7:39 AM on Jan. 13, 2010

• I'm not sure I understand what you mean Anon :30

Is there a reason Google would be censoring one religion and have regard for what search results come up for others?

RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 7:51 AM on Jan. 13, 2010

• This Site is temporarily shut down for non- payment. Please have Pete Seda contact Datta Groover.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:55 AM on Jan. 13, 2010

That was one site.  For a long time until it was pointed out to Google there was no information on Islam but many negative hits for all other religions.  There is still almost no hits for Islam when this is googled compared to all other religions.

RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 8:15 AM on Jan. 13, 2010

• that is ridiculous.

believe me, there are PLENTY of negative sites that come up about Islam on Google Searches..and i say that in the US and in Saudi- in Saudi some of them are censored, but even here in Saudi...they do come up..and because its full of ignorance don't ask me to show them to you...

if you want to LEARN about Islam then there are a bunch of positive sites as well i can share with you, but somehow i don't think that's the intention of this question..although i could be wrong..
    muhajjirah

Answer by muhajjirah at 8:33 AM on Jan. 13, 2010