Lower back pain

im 35 weeks with my first and hve been experiencing lower back pain. i started having cramps after sex and after finally falling asleep woke up with terrible lower back pain. Anyideas?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:00 AM on Jan. 13, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Sometimes labor starts what lower back pain. Go to the doctor!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:27 AM on Jan. 13, 2010

• i'm with anon, maybe labor is either starting or not too far away. wait for contractions but don't go to the doctor because they aren't going to give you anything and they'll just tell you to rest. try a warm bath for the pain, if it keeps getting worse and worse and the pain seems to come at regular intervals, then these may be your contractions. Wait til you feel them in our stomach then go to the hospital. good luck,
    fefe87

Answer by fefe87 at 8:34 AM on Jan. 13, 2010

• Yep I agree a lot of people only feel labor in their back, and the fact that sex brought it on makes labor more likely. I would say rest, eat and see how it goes, and if you are too worried call the doctor and see what they say.
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 9:30 AM on Jan. 13, 2010

• the pain is def tollerable yet its there. This morning was the worse its been it felt like something was being pinched when i walked.. But still tollerable. Now the pain is back to it was before. Im not really experencing any contractions that i know of anyway. could it just be from the way im sleeping? (on side with pillow inbetween legs) or could this really be back labor? im only 35 weeks and wasnt expecting labor this soon lol
    Anonymous

• I had back labor with my DD and it was not constant. It was just like regular contractions in that it would come and go. Like it would hurt every so many minutes and go away just like a stomach contraction would. So I doubt thats it.
    Go to the chiropractor! A lot of women think you cant go when youre pregnant, but really its amazing!! Its the best thing you can do!! :-D
    ma2b08

Answer by ma2b08 at 12:26 AM on Jan. 14, 2010