I need a book for my relationship

Im in a fairly new relationship, and things are going great. I see myself spending the rest of my life with this man. We have no issues, and I want to keep it that way. But I have never seen a relationship work. Im asking for any suggestions on a book on keeping relationships alive and well.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:13 AM on Jan. 13, 2010 in Relationships

• What you are asking comes from a fairy tale book, Only you know what kind of a person you are with and it is up to you both to make it work because we all have our UPS and DOWNS...some have more ups and downs so make the best of it sooner or later he or you will find out as time goes by both of your flaws...No marriage is perfect only in a "Fairy Tale book".....
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:19 AM on Jan. 13, 2010

• The book that helped my relationship more than any other was Boundaries by Cloud/Townsend. I read it before I met my husband, when I was with my ex and I was a very passive person. It helped because I learned how to stand up for myself in an assertive, not aggressive, manner.
    But I think any relationship book that talks about communication is good because that's the basis of all relationships.

Answer by missanc at 9:26 AM on Jan. 13, 2010

• You don't need a book. Just keep lines of communication open, be honest, make sure there is mutual respect and appreciation for each other and it will be fine.

Answer by admckenzie at 9:27 AM on Jan. 13, 2010

• http://www.5lovelanguages.com/

Here is a link to a good book "the 5 Love languages" It talks about how different people need to recieve love in different ways. There are some good reviews on Amazon.

The above poster is correct there are no perfect marriages or relationships but I applaud you for trying to take the inititive to make things work!

Good luck!
    chefronswife

Answer by chefronswife at 9:29 AM on Jan. 13, 2010

• "The Proper Care and Feeding of Marriage" and "Ten stupid things women do to mess up there lives"
    abbyg

Answer by abbyg at 12:10 PM on Jan. 13, 2010

• My dh and I have been together for 12 years...things aren't always perfect, but he is the person I want to be with, so we work on it when we need to and we enjoy the happiness that comes from being with the person you truly love and enjoy. We have read a couple books together, or rather he has been a semi-willing participant in my book reading! :)
    A couple I would recommend is The Love Dare...it's kind of cheesy, but a fun 40 days!
    Also Love & Respect by Emerson Eggerichs..it's a good read, and it's all about how women need love and men need respect...definitely worth reading.
    And the PP 5 Love Languages is good as well.
    thea11ens

Answer by thea11ens at 12:14 PM on Jan. 13, 2010