Shall we pray?

Let's send some prayers to the poor people of Haiti, and their misfortune. Our first catastophre of the year and it had to be them.
Just saw a response from an anon saying "who cares for the people of Haiti", well I for one do! Lets send them a unified prayer for help!

Asked by older at 9:16 AM on Jan. 13, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

Level 69 (2,285,492 Credits)
  • May the Gods be with Haiti during this time of sorrow. Lighting a candle for hope and courage for them. Thanks Sabrina for the link, I am on my way to make a donation.

pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 1:48 PM on Jan. 13, 2010

• "who cares for the people of haiti?" Really, someone said that?! Wow, this place attracts the most despicable people I"ve ever seen!
    I am thinking of the people in Haiti and wishing them all the help they can get!!
    sahmamax2

Answer by sahmamax2 at 10:05 AM on Jan. 13, 2010

• I feel so badly for the people there!

My in-laws are headed there in March on a missions trip and it looks like they are going to have more people to help than first anticipated.

IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 10:24 AM on Jan. 13, 2010

• Will be praying for the people of Haiti.....
    deedee3849

Answer by deedee3849 at 10:33 AM on Jan. 13, 2010

• Absolutely. Its very upsetting.

RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 10:34 AM on Jan. 13, 2010

• That is sad that someone said they didn't care. That is really their problem. I am praying for the people there. May God be with those still alive , especially the children who have been orphaned. I speak a surpassing peace that only God can give to each heart there and I speak restoration to the land of hairi and all its people there! In JESUS Name I pray Amen!
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 11:07 AM on Jan. 13, 2010

• I know. My heart is broken for them. I will continue to pray.

IhartU I will also keep your in-laws in my prayers; that God would prepare them and direct them as they plan to go minister.
    Cinnamon-mom

Answer by Cinnamon-mom at 11:43 AM on Jan. 13, 2010

• Oh my heart aches for them too! It is all too sad. Too sad. It won't be the last devasting earthquake either (Matthew 24:3-24.).
    JWMum

Answer by JWMum at 12:39 PM on Jan. 13, 2010

• Anyone interested in doing more than praying is urged to help by donating to the RedCross. Contribute online here, or donate $10 to be charged to your cell phone bill by texting "HAITI" to "90999."

Prayers can only do so much. At this point $10 makes a huge difference.

I understand that many people are dealing with their own financial issues at the moment. But you have your family, home and food for dinner - your small donation can help to insure that these people will as well!

May the Gods Bless you all and all those in need today around the world. I am sure that those in Haiti are in the hearts and minds of the Gods and all of you today!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 12:53 PM on Jan. 13, 2010

• this hits a little close to home for me, my husband is haitian and it was hard to see the pictures and knowing what they are going through. Their life was already difficult, this just makes it so much worse. It inspires me to know that there are people that care about others and am touched that you'd say a prayer for them. I have kept them in my prayers as well. God bless you all.
    Anonymous