Do you sing to your kids? What do you sing?

IzzeAddy

Asked by IzzeAddy at 9:17 AM on Jan. 13, 2010 in General Parenting

• I try but they tell me to stop! LOL
    I just sing along with the radio or TV
    some little nursery rhyme songs, like Twinkle Twinkle Little Star (but I sing it in Latin), Frère Jacques, and any other song I might remember the words to at the time
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:20 AM on Jan. 13, 2010

• I sing all the time - Sesame Street all time favorites are common, nursery rhymes, or made up songs about what I want them to do at the time (we need to put on our socks and shoes, socks and shoes, socks and shoes, la la la). All of my kids love music, as I do, and I found putting things in song is a good way of getting them to listen because they want to sing along.
    I also sing James Taylor and the Eagles - favorites of mine!

Answer by missanc at 9:24 AM on Jan. 13, 2010

• I know what you mean anonymous at 8: 20 we'll b singing and finally when they have enough they'll tell me...OK that is enough...lol....:(

I don't know if they don't like the way i sing or tired of the same ole songs...lol...sniff,sniff
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:24 AM on Jan. 13, 2010

• My 20 month old likes my singing, but my 4 and 5 year olds tell me not to lol. I sing Baby Mine, You Are My Sunshine, and songs from the Curious George move. Sometimes me singing is the only thing that my baby will go to sleep to. At some point he'll join his brothers and prefer youtube, but right now I'm still special. :-)
    GothicMommy3

Answer by GothicMommy3 at 9:25 AM on Jan. 13, 2010

• My 2 year old tells me to stop. She loved it at one, though. Now she wants to hear the cd play, not me. :( But we do twinkle twinkle little star, ABCs, row row row your boat, and those type songs. SHe does love the handwashing one I sing. Wash wash wash your hands, wash them til they shine. washy, washy, washy, washy, wash these hands of mine.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:32 AM on Jan. 13, 2010

• ditto anon! I sing they cried. i stopped they were happy.

dh sings show tunes though...and the LOVE it! my 8 year old is in the choir at school too.
    hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 9:32 AM on Jan. 13, 2010

• Yes, I sing Jesus love me, and they sing it on their own at times, during Christmas, they would sing jingle bells and other christmas songs.
    3rdDay

Answer by 3rdDay at 9:39 AM on Jan. 13, 2010

• Oh my goodness! We sing ALL THE TIME!!! We are music NUTS around here! I've always sang to them. We LOVE Southern Gospel, so that's usually what we sing, but hubby sings, The Candy Man, Allyoop, The Notre Dame Fight Song, Aint that a kick in the head, and goofy stuff!!! We love anything Legacy Five, Greater Vision, Talleys, McKameys, Booth Brothers...
    TimandMely4ever

Answer by TimandMely4ever at 9:49 AM on Jan. 13, 2010

• I sing all the time. I make up things, sing kids songs, commercial songs, anything I can. When I had my son I didn't know any kids songs so I would sing the Free Credit Report Dot Com song to him. Any time it came on the tv it would calm him down too.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:52 AM on Jan. 13, 2010

• I was told once by one of my daycare kids that I sing all the time. It happened because she sang her answer to my question back to me and I laughed and she said you do it all the time. Ok so she got me, I do sing all the time about EVERYTHING lol Cool thing is that my kids have picked up on it and are really good at making their own songs as well as knowing the regular songs
    Heather_F

Answer by Heather_F at 10:03 AM on Jan. 13, 2010