Ok my daughter is 6 1/2 months. I am planning on going back to work and might need daycare for her. She has had terrible colic and reflux and became very spoiled from that, she still has some issues. I am nervous that daycare wont be able to take care of her the way i do.

faithm127

Asked by faithm127 at 9:26 AM on Jan. 13, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• well of course daycare won't take care of her exactly the way you do.

you have to decide which is more important to you - working and helping support your daughter or staying home to be in control of your daughter.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:29 AM on Jan. 13, 2010

• you will always worry that someone else will not care for baby like you do, and they won't, everyone is different. But, as long as you give them guidelines on what you do, I am sure they will do a good job. A good day care knows that some babies are more needy than others and have colic and stuff. Give it a shot. I think mostly what you are experiencing is the anxiety of letting go and allowing someone else to care for her. It is natural.
    xtwilightx

Answer by xtwilightx at 9:29 AM on Jan. 13, 2010

• As somebody who worked in what was called the best daycare in my area I say you are right they won't take care of her the way you will, and if you don't have to go back to work I wouldn't. Daycares have an assembly mode, diaper, feed, nap, maybe play, and repeat. They get very annoyed with colicy needy babies, and are not loving to them when they need it most. It hurt me to watch that and that is why we decided that I would stay home.
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 9:32 AM on Jan. 13, 2010

• you should visit some daycares and see how they tend to the babies before you pick one...most of them will keep her the first day for free just to see if you like it...you could even peep in to see how they are dealing with her. Try that before you make a choice or decide to even go back to work
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 9:33 AM on Jan. 13, 2010

• No one will take care of your baby as you do that is a given. You can only do your best to find an appropriate environment for your baby to be loved and nurtured. I am having an excellent experience with an in home daycare provider who truly does love my baby and takes very good care of her. You might want to investigate that option.
    Do not feel guilty about having to go back to work - we do what we have to do.
    chefronswife

Answer by chefronswife at 9:33 AM on Jan. 13, 2010

• i agree with chefronswife...the best thing to do would be to find someone that could give your child their full attention instead of having to tend to 10 other babies too. What if your baby spit up and was choking and they didnt see it right away because they were changing a diaper or something.
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 9:40 AM on Jan. 13, 2010

• the only good thing about the daycare is that there are alot of people around...if you dont personally know someone (an at home provider) i wouldnt leave your child...for all you know they could be a child abuser.
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 9:43 AM on Jan. 13, 2010

• sorry just throwing out all the "what ifs"...i never left my son until he was able to talk...i was too paranoid
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 9:44 AM on Jan. 13, 2010

• I work for a child care resource and referral agency, so I work with licensed child care providers all day, and don't let people scare you into thinking that child care can't be a good experience. The best place to start is with your child care referral agency, www.childcareaware.org and have them get you a referral listing

I also suggest you go here http://www.naccrra.org/publications/naccrra-publications/is-this-the-right-place-for-my-child and look at some of the quality indicators of child care.

Yes, it is true that it is not you being home with your baby, but a good child care provider can be a great addition to the people who love and care for your child!

If you have any questions, feel free to PM me
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 10:05 AM on Jan. 13, 2010

• She's not spoiled. She's a baby. Spoiled is when a CHILD who has the development to understand is bribed with candy and toys and then expects payment for good behavior and throws a tantrum if they don't get a prize.
    amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 10:48 AM on Jan. 13, 2010