vaccines

So how do you guys feel about vaccines. I never really was against or for them UNITL I started reading and researching them. My son's dr and other have vowed that they are safe and they have stoped the spread of disease. But that is not true,, Sanation and purifying the water is what helped stop the spread.

deverrick

Asked by deverrick at 9:30 AM on Jan. 13, 2010 in Kids' Health

• Even the WHO (World Health Organisation) has admitted, disease and mortality rates in Third World countries have no direct correlation with immunisation procedures or medical treatment, but they are closely related to the standard of hygiene and diet. A 1973 issue of Scientific American revealed the same finding : that "over 90% of all contagious disease was eliminated by vastly improved water systems, sanitation, living conditions and transportation of food." Mass vaccinations did not appear on the scene until a century after the decline in infectious diseases started (1850-1940), but inoculations were, and still are given full credit. --Susan DeSimone
    Autumn22

Answer by Autumn22 at 8:16 PM on Jan. 15, 2010

• I am ok with some and not with others, I want my kids to be old enough and developed enough that they can metabolize the vaccine properly, in China they dont start with them until 2 and they have lower cases of autism and SIDS deaths. I got in an arguement with my DD doc about the MMR shot, I dont want her having it until she has to go to school and he argues with me for 20 mins I stood my ground.
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 9:35 AM on Jan. 13, 2010

• My son is 14 he had every one of his vacs when he was supposed to get them. He is a bright and healthy 14 year old. I don't regret getting him shots.
    ronjwake

Answer by ronjwake at 9:40 AM on Jan. 13, 2010

• for one thing, a completely sterille enviorment is NOT healthy for anyone, especially children. Sanitizing everything your child touches creates a very WEAK immune system. I could really care less whether or not a parent vaccinates their children. My children are vaccinated so they are safe. The only exception would be if my children got sick and had a supressed immune system, then I wouldnt' allow Non-Vaxed kids around untill my kids got better. But outside of that it's a choice.
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 9:42 AM on Jan. 13, 2010

• research the companies that make these vaccines too. Sometimes the vaccine is only available by one company & some of these companies have had major safety violations & vaccine recalls.
    Nyx7

Answer by Nyx7 at 9:57 AM on Jan. 13, 2010

• yes it can become a heated topic.. with dr's, family, friends, and schools. I think every parent has to be their child's voice and when u research these shots.. I mean i was shocked.. Human lung tissue (aborted fetus), animal cells, animal blood, and not to mention the toxis that have been linked to all kind of disease, but MONEY hids these facts.. My thing is we take toys away from our kids that contain toxis (lead). Vaccines are full of toxics. JApan did a study also and they found that when they raised the age limt for vaccines to two yrs old from 2 months old crib death (sids) and infantil seizures disappeared. small pox, diphtheria, whopping cough , and others disappeared long before vaccines became on the scene. Also think about this.. I never did until i stopped vaccines,,.,. Ear aches, asthams ,adhd,and allergies have all been LINKED to vaccines. And quess what since dk stopped Ive had no ear aches or allergies.
    deverrick

Answer by deverrick at 11:37 AM on Jan. 13, 2010

• It sounds to me like your "mommy sense" is telling you something about vaccines that you do not yet have the facts to back up.
    It is not black or white – vax or don’t vax.
    I can't urge you strongly enough to do your own research!! Do not base your decision on opinions. Many people read the same information and have differing conclusions. Our conclusions were that the preservatives are toxic and the interaction between the vaccines can be dangerous; we also feel that teeny bodies can handle only so much intrusion at a time.
    We choose to selectively vaccinate on a delayed schedule. The first vax was after our daughter turned one. We never did more than one vax per office visit. We had the office order single dose, preservative free vaccines; we concluded that the additives to the vaccines and the interactions between the vaccines posed the greatest danger. We skipped flu, chicken pox, and a couple of others.

cont.

Answer by rkoloms at 1:38 PM on Jan. 13, 2010

• We always read the insert before allowing the shot to be given.
    Good luck.

Answer by rkoloms at 1:39 PM on Jan. 13, 2010

• well actually I have done my research, And I work for a chiropractor. And he was the first one that kinda introuced me to this topic. and OHHHH yeah I ve got stuff in black and white.. go to wave.com or goggle and youll see all the info...
    deverrick

Answer by deverrick at 3:00 PM on Jan. 13, 2010

• I stick to the research done by peer-review academic medical journals.

I've taken enough statistics to know that without proper peer reviews of study methods, people can manipulate their numbers to say whatever the heck they want.

Sticking with these journals; I do vaccinate, but I do usually wait a year or two for them to be out first.
    Anonymous