How do I stop being so sensitive?

I cry because of sad movies, I tear when I am upset, angry...

I get really emotional over everything. How do I toughen up?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:03 AM on Jan. 13, 2010 in Health

• There is no reason to toughen up. You have a gentle and sensitive spirit. There is nothing wrong with that. My SO keeps telling me to toughen up (he's military and shows NO emotion). I told him I like myself just as I am, thank you very much. Don't stop being you for someone else.

Answer by admckenzie at 2:12 PM on Jan. 13, 2010

• learn to accept yourself.emotions show that you are empathetic,and thats a good thing.I'm the same way.
    TMJ121099

Answer by TMJ121099 at 12:30 PM on Jan. 13, 2010

• there's nothing wrong with your reactions to emotional circumstances. If you want to control it try thinking of something completely different. The reason you respond that way is because you are dwelling on the thought. You have to sidetrack yourself, get your mind off of whatever it is that is triggering that response......so you'll have to play games with your brain.....think of something hilarious when your getting too emotional, put on some music, call someone and see how they're doing, email, text.....basically do anything to get your mind to focus elsewhere.....hope that helps!
    LynnB1

Answer by LynnB1 at 1:24 PM on Jan. 13, 2010

• Why would you want to?  You sound like a kind and gentle person, nothing wrong with that.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 2:16 PM on Jan. 13, 2010