How can i ripen my cervix to get ready for labor?

I'm 38 weeks and having symptoms of preeclampsia, but my cervix is not ripe and I'm trying to avoid having a c-section. Any advice on how to try to get cervix ready? If my cervix is ready-ish my dr will induce, but I'm not dilated or effaced yet.

BABYJANUARY2010

Asked by BABYJANUARY2010 at 10:18 AM on Jan. 13, 2010 in Pregnancy

• sex - he needs to ejaculate - the sperm will help
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:19 AM on Jan. 13, 2010

• sex.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:20 AM on Jan. 13, 2010

• like anon 9:19 said
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:32 AM on Jan. 13, 2010

• Sex sex and more sex. I read on here that a mom's midwife told her sex put the baby there, sex will help get the baby out. lol.
    grooveybabe004

Answer by grooveybabe004 at 11:32 AM on Jan. 13, 2010

• it sounds like you do not have pre-e, only showing some symptoms so i would not get induced or have a c-section as long as i did not have pre-e. you could also try nipple stimulation but most likely nothing will help. gl and i hope you don't get pre-e! :)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:32 AM on Jan. 13, 2010

• Sex or Evening Primrose Oil (which will help your BP), but neither is a guarantee. What I would do is make sure I was eating a TON of protein (like 80g a day) and staying super hydrated. Increase you calcium and magnesium, eat cucumbers every day, and get some passionflower extract. That can kind of stop or reduce the pre-e symptoms.

Here are some other ideas. http://www.gentlebirth.org/archives/pih.html
    asaffell

Answer by asaffell at 11:37 AM on Jan. 13, 2010

• u could try walking around being on yr feet lets nature takes it cause but am sure what ever you have to gave birth you will have to like it or lump it as long as the baby gets out ok then u should be willing to go through anything for babys sake xxx gd luck xxx
    happymam2b

Answer by happymam2b at 3:15 PM on Jan. 13, 2010