Did any one watch the Biggest Loser last night?

One of Jillian`s tips was to eat 3 meals a day and 1 snack. I am so confused now. I thought it was 6 small meals to make your metabolism constantly work throughout the day.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:50 AM on Jan. 13, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• Different things work for different people too. If what you are doing is working for you, stick with it. If it's not, maybe try something else.

Answer by missanc at 1:55 PM on Jan. 13, 2010

• You know there are so many different diets out there and so many different diet tips that ohhh what's that word... Wow my mind is blank, but I'm trying to say there are diets that like go against what other diets say. There are diets that say yes you can eat this and other ones that say no. What I do to lose weight is only eat so many calories a day b/c w/a hectic schedule its hard to eat so many little meals a day. Some days its 5 small meals, other days its 2 big meals and 2 small snacks. The best thing to do to count calories is keep a food journal.
    ABPeterson

Answer by ABPeterson at 11:01 AM on Jan. 13, 2010

• I saw parts of it while I was channel surfing...yeah, I think the rule of thumb is 6 small meals a day but doesn't that train a person to always be thinking about food? Too much room for error in that rule imo, but different things work for different people. I'm on the 'High Stress Diet'...I'm too stressed out to eat...lol I'm at my ideal weight so it seems to be working just fine for me..I eat fruit in the afternoon then don't even think about a meal until late in the evenings...I do a 3-5 mile walk 3-4 times a week, isn't that how you boost your metabolism? I don't understand the whole 'eat frequently to increase metabolism' concept but even if I did, it wouldn't work for me.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:30 AM on Jan. 13, 2010

• Jillian's tips say whatever the show tells her to say, and the show tells her to say whatever they've written in their most recent book/video game/etc. The only time those tips are any good is when they accidentally coincide with reality. Because gum with artificial sweeteners? Not a good idea for multiple reasons, but they'll shill it every week to pay the bills.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 11:56 AM on Jan. 13, 2010

• Yes, I watched it. I agree with the other mom, too. No need to be confused what you are doing is working. Different trainers say different things.
    usanamama

Answer by usanamama at 12:41 PM on Jan. 13, 2010