Mommy Tips....share yours

Share tips with us that make you life as a mom easier. When I do laundry, I put the girls full outfits into a gallon ziploc bag, undies, socks and all. Then I just tell them to pick a bag in the morning. No outfits that don't match, nothing gets lost and they still get to choose.

mom2queenie2004

Asked by mom2queenie2004 at 11:02 AM on Jan. 13, 2010 in Just for Fun

• My kids choose their own outfits too, but you're way more organized about it. I keep their clothes basic, so it's really hard to mismatch outfits. Jeans go with everything. :D

One mommy tip I have is to let kids do everything (just about) along side you, so they will learn. Even as young as 2 can help with the laundry and dishes. So, when they are old enough to do it solo, they already know how and it's already normal for them to help. It takes a little longer to get stuff done, and it's easier to just do it yourself, but it's a fantastic teaching tool. I wish more people did it. We'd have fewer "how do I get my kids to . . ." posts.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 11:06 AM on Jan. 13, 2010

• Juice boxes: We always have the juice flow out the top of the straw. Before you put in the straw, pull up the triangle corners and flatten up the box top. The extra room avoids the juice volcano.

I have two kids, one born on an odd day and one on an even. So we use that to decide 'whose day it is'. If it is an even day, my even child gets to decide certain things, sit in the front, is first taking turns and generally will win any arguement I am not present to settle. If it is an odd day the other child gets all those benefits.
    mom2queenie2004

Answer by mom2queenie2004 at 11:06 AM on Jan. 13, 2010

• When changing my son's diaper, we always put a wipe over him so if he does pee, it won't get everywhere!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:11 AM on Jan. 13, 2010

• laundry - I have one bin for each person. so when its all folded they pick up their bin and put it in their rooms.

relax and go with the flow.

plan ahead

interact - let them work with you in the kitchen, cleaning, or whatever.
    hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 11:16 AM on Jan. 13, 2010

• I like that ziplock baggie idea! I will have to use that one when my kids are older! :D

love the juice box idea! my toddlers are always making a mess with them!

DarkFaery131

Answer by DarkFaery131 at 11:29 AM on Jan. 13, 2010

• Breathe.

Toothpaste(the paste kind not gel)gets out marker on furniture, the wood kind not like sofas, and can dry out zits(so Ive heard and seen), and can fill in nail holes on the wall.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 12:08 PM on Jan. 13, 2010

• Be consistent with discipline and rewards. Always.
    Choose your battles
    No one ever died because there were dustbunnies under the couch
    Love your child unconditionally
    Talk to your children about everything
    Teach your child the proper names of body parts and their functions
    Set a great example for your kids: read everday, enjoy eating vegetables

Answer by rkoloms at 1:27 PM on Jan. 13, 2010

• I keep mittens on those squeezy clothes pins, that way there is always a match when they need them.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 1:28 PM on Jan. 13, 2010