Talking and babbling...should he be?

My son is 7 months old and has not really said a "word". He babbles and makes noises and sometimes has "conversation", and has said mama once or twice while crying, but other than that nothing. Is this ok, should he be saying words or is just this a case of all kids devlope at diffrent stages?

Mandabear1983

Asked by Mandabear1983 at 11:18 AM on Jan. 13, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• No he is 7 months dont freak babbling is talking, just not to where you can understand it.
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 11:18 AM on Jan. 13, 2010

• He is where 7 month olds should be
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:21 AM on Jan. 13, 2010

• My son never really babbled at all, he cried.. that was it.. he's doing perfect. babbling is his words.
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 11:23 AM on Jan. 13, 2010

• dont worry he is right on track. my kids are 8 months and they dont say much one says dadada the other just ooohhh ahhhh and that was a very recent milestone. other than that they cry lol
    bearsbabies

Answer by bearsbabies at 11:35 AM on Jan. 13, 2010

• I have a nephew who said his first word at 6 months, and I am SURE he was WELL ahead of schedule. I believe my son was 9 months when he said his first word.
    kitten_shuga

Answer by kitten_shuga at 11:43 AM on Jan. 13, 2010

• He sounds perfectly normal!!

www.touchpoints.org

Answer by rkoloms at 1:23 PM on Jan. 13, 2010

• yep. babbling is perfect for his age. most kinds start using real words at 12-24mo. my 23mo old tries to hide the fact that he can say things. the other day he came into the room and held up a sock that he found and said 'sock?!" and i said "what is that?" and he had that 'oh crap"-look on his face and said "this?"
    StephJustice19

Answer by StephJustice19 at 4:21 PM on Jan. 13, 2010