Do you actually enjoy sleeping in the same bed as your husband or S/O? *REPOST BECAUSE OF A SPELLING ERROR IN THE TITLE!*

I'm a light sleeper and my husband snores VERY LOUDLY. He also works 3rd shift and has for 13 years. He's home on Friday and Saturday nights and I just can't sleep in the bed with him! I'm not used to it and I end up being a bitch all weekend because I'm so tired.

If I dare sleep on the couch, he thinks I don't love him or don't want to be close to him. That's not it at all... I JUST WANT MY SLEEP!

IhartU

Asked by IhartU at 11:32 AM on Jan. 13, 2010 in Relationships

• No I don't. He usually can't sleep very well so most of the time, he sleeps on the couch so he can watch tv and fall asleep. I always sleep in the bed. When he decides he is going to try and be a normal sleep person, he goes to bed when I do. Ugh! I never get any sleep when he's in the bed. He snores, makes some clicking noise with his throat, moves around a lot, and hogs the covers and the bed! I end up sleeping on my side as close to the edge as possible so I don't get kicked! Maybe if we had a king size bed, it would be better. But right now - no I am not fond of sleeping in the same bed with my DH. But I do love him!
    Katt709

Answer by Katt709 at 11:38 AM on Jan. 13, 2010

• I love having my husband near. I couldnt sleep last night because of him being out of town.
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 11:37 AM on Jan. 13, 2010

• I have a hard time sleeping without my SO. I love curling up next to him at night...
    Wheepingchree

Answer by Wheepingchree at 11:37 AM on Jan. 13, 2010

• My husband has his own cave man room.  We have different sleeping patterns. 

Happy marriage.  View Full Size Image

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:38 AM on Jan. 13, 2010

• Wow, that is a tough one. I can see how he would think that since that's the only time you both are in the bed at the same time. I can also see how you want your rest, I get bitchy too if I don't sleep well. Hubby and I used to sleep holding each other, I can't stand it now, I need my space LOL.. We bought a king size bed so I had more space. Do you think a bigger bed and comfy ear plugs could "fix" the problem for the both of you. Hubby doesn't snore most of the time but if he does it is only when he is on his back so I pop him in the ribs and he rolls over and its quiet again... Hope you find a solution to this.
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 11:38 AM on Jan. 13, 2010

• I love sleeping with my dh. I have a hard time sleeping when he is at drill.
    SuzanneL09

Answer by SuzanneL09 at 11:38 AM on Jan. 13, 2010

• have you tried some earplugs? just a suggestion, I know how irritating it can be living with a snorer... You may never find peaceful sleep with him, but on the flip side that closeness is so beneficial to a relationship. maybe more to him than to you at this point, because you feel his noise a nuisance, and he feels a need for the assurances that your warmth and touch bring him. you'll have to make that call- whether or not being a source of comfort is in both of your best interests because of the effects of sleep deprivation, and the impact it has on you and your family.
    I'd like to equate it to a young child, and their need for closeness and comfort. Most men experience the same feelings toward their SO, and for that reason enjoy sharing a bed even if they are not necessarily snuggly.
    try communicating with him to see what the heart of the problem is, why he feels neglected when you need sleep.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 11:39 AM on Jan. 13, 2010

• If I don't get enough sleep I am a bitch too :p
    But I can't sleep if my dh and I were not in the same bed. I am a light sleeper too and am sure if my guy was a snorer I would be sleeping out on the couch. Thankfully he isn't.
    Typing this post I realize something funny about my grandparents. My grandpa would snore so loud that everyone in the house could hear it. I know that they were married in a time when a woman wouldn't dare sleep on the couch because of snoring. My grandma was famous for being able to sleep where ever she was. If she sat for more than five minutes, she was nodding off. I just realize she was probably sooo sleep deprived that she couldn't help it. My sister tells a story of having to go to the bathroom in the middle of the night and finding grandma asleep sitting on the toilet. lol!
    Good for you sleeping somewhere else...you need your sleep! If he doesn't like it tell him to STOP snoring!
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 11:45 AM on Jan. 13, 2010

• I was seriously going to post this almost exact thing. Last night I moved because my husband was snoring so loud. He's probably mad at me because I bunked with my 4 year old because 1. he was snoring so loud I could hear him even with the earplugs and 2. He was hogging the whole bed. I love him, but I sleep very lightly and he sleeps like a rock. I wake up to any little noise and he honestly sounds like a revving race car when he snores. I feel your pain.
    GothicMommy3

Answer by GothicMommy3 at 11:46 AM on Jan. 13, 2010

• UGH, I sleep better when my Husband is home HOWEVER I cannot sleep in the same bed with him. I am tosser and turner while needing to be in the middle of the bed. When dh is home I wake up constantly to make sure I dont roll over, knee or push him.
    kc932

Answer by kc932 at 11:47 AM on Jan. 13, 2010