I just found out I interviewed with my step son's sister in law?????

This job is made to order for me. While interviewing she said a few times " you have everything we are looking for" I feel like I nailed the interview. With that said I came home spoke to hubby about it and he said hey Jonothan's brother is married to .... Come to find out it is her. We have never met her. What would you do? Be up front and tell her if the offer is made. Tell her now?? Thoughts

dillonsma

Asked by dillonsma at 11:47 AM on Jan. 13, 2010 in Money & Work

• I wouldn't bring it up now because it might seem like you are either worried that is a problem or hoping that it will give you special consideration. I would wait until after she has made a descion about whether to make an offer. I would then bring it pretty quickly.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:54 AM on Jan. 13, 2010

• If you haven't met I don't see how it would matter. There can't be a favoritism issue at this point since you don't know each other. If you are hired I would let her know who you are, just as a conversation starter, but otherwise it shouldn't matter...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 12:59 PM on Jan. 13, 2010

• Just let it be. If you haven't already done so, get a handwritten thank you note in the mail right now.

Answer by rkoloms at 1:20 PM on Jan. 13, 2010

• I dont see how it would cause conflicts in the work place. you guys dont know each other so it shouldnt even fall under nepitism rules...i wouldnt bring it up, but thats just me!
    sweetstkissez22

Answer by sweetstkissez22 at 1:41 PM on Jan. 13, 2010

• I'd leave it alone and handle it when it comes up at her end

Answer by admckenzie at 3:16 PM on Jan. 13, 2010

• I would let it be. You have never met so it isnt like she would be using favoritism to hire you
    MooNFaeRie30

Answer by MooNFaeRie30 at 6:26 PM on Jan. 13, 2010