Does this first name sound ok with this last name: Lewis Estes...?

I'm not sure about the iss sound at the end of Lewis and the Ess Iss sounds in the last name...? Estes is pronounced like Esstiss (not like EssTeez or EssTez).

the multiple S's make me a bit nervous to begin with because i worry if my child has a lisp (just because i knew a robert who had problems with Rs and so said his name Wobert and got made fun of for that.), i don't want him to say his name like Lewith Ethteth. no offense intended at all!

thanks!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:50 AM on Jan. 13, 2010 in Pregnancy

• too many s's IMO
    TMJ121099

Answer by TMJ121099 at 11:51 AM on Jan. 13, 2010

• i want to say it depends on the middle name but no i would have never thought that of the name had you not brought it up
    bearsbabies

Answer by bearsbabies at 11:55 AM on Jan. 13, 2010

• I agree - too many "S" sounds.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:55 AM on Jan. 13, 2010

• I don't think it does depend on the middle name because you usually say first name and last name without the middle name. Of course you'd want the middle name to work with it, but 9 times out of 10 you will only hear the first and last names together. I do think it is a bit heavy on the S's.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:57 AM on Jan. 13, 2010

• It's kind of a mouthful. I like Lewis. Estes is fine too, but maybe not together. If he has trouble, he could call himself Lou. :D
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 12:01 PM on Jan. 13, 2010