im 25 weeks and think im having contractions..

my lower stomache and back are cramping not sure how many min apart but hurting bad no bleeding or anything could it be braxton hicks? we did have sex this morning...what can i do i took a warm bath and put a heating pad on my back but doesnt ease up at all please i need advise i really dont wanna go to the hospital our hospital is a joke....too long of a wait..ant advise?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:57 AM on Jan. 13, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Try drinking a lot of water, like 3 big glasses and changing positions. If it keeps up call the clinic. If the pains are taking away your breath where you can't talk through them or they are less than 5 min you should go to the hospital. Better safe than sorry. GL
    jombmomi

Answer by jombmomi at 12:03 PM on Jan. 13, 2010

• Yes drink lots of water. I know it is scary. With my 2nd I went into preterm labor at 26 weeks. Thankful after 4 hrs they stopped. I was put on bed rest for a week and after that I had to limit my activitys. Good Luck
    Anonymous

• i am also 25 weeks preg., but with my 4th baby. I have been having braxton hicks contractions on and off. My OB let me know that BH contractions can start as early as 20weeks if youve had previous children. They go away for me if i lay down or change positions. If the dont go away for you i would call your doc.
    Anonymous

• i am 34 weeks and have been getting braxton hicks from 18 weeks, mind this is my 4th pregnancy but the further i go the worse they get but i no it aint real contractions as they r scattered all over and their is no pattern to them but god they hurt and believe me if they get anyworse as i speak al be i hospital tonight lol xxx
    happymam2b

Answer by happymam2b at 3:11 PM on Jan. 13, 2010