What are some good indoor activities that you can do with 2 and 3 year old boys (active!)?

queen_tut

Asked by queen_tut at 5:32 PM on Jun. 25, 2008 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• It's messy, but one of my favorite activities to do with preschoolers is "Foot Painting". You take a large sheet (or several small ones) of paper, tape them to the floor, add some tempera paint, and let them paint w/ their feet! It's active, and tactile, which helps out a lot. Keep a wet towel handy to wipe their feet (and any small messes) when they are done, and if it gets too bad, head directly to the bath.
    It's an overwhelming activity at first, but once you've done it, you'll see that it's easy and takes much less effort than you think.
    Also, scavenger hunts or hidden items are a great active game. If you live in a place with a hallway, you can do relay races up and down the hall. Try placing items at each end, and they have to get there differently each time (crawling, hopping, walking like a crab, etc.).
    I could go on and on, lol, I used to teach preschool.
    I hope you have some fun!!
    DeylansMama

Answer by DeylansMama at 12:50 PM on Jun. 29, 2008

• Berkeley Parents Network: Indoors at Home with Kids
    Organizing at-home activities for 2-y-o twins and a 4 year old; At-home activities ... you can use that time to do other activities with your four year old, ...
    parents.berkeley.edu/advice/playing/indoor.html -
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 5:43 PM on Jun. 25, 2008

• Take a bucket and small stuffed animals or soft balls - pratice throwing into the bucket. You can also use them for practicing catching.
    Tape a big piece of paper to the floor (rolls of craft paper work well) and make a hopscotch board with numbers or letters.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 6:26 PM on Jun. 25, 2008

• My 2 boys r 6 & 3 and very active. Board games for their age, movie night. Let them help you do things. Make a tent in the living room or bed room
    MommyInfinity

Answer by MommyInfinity at 8:39 PM on Jun. 25, 2008

• make a fort together out of sheets and couch cushions, etc. and have a picnic in the fort...it's the BEST!
    retz

Answer by retz at 1:45 PM on Jun. 26, 2008

• Keeping my boys occupied during Chicago winter months is trying, to say the least. I found tumbling is a good activity. Summersalts, rolling across the floor ( races) stuff like that. Hide and seek. I also hide a toy, and the first person to find it wins. I also let them clean. They love it! Get the windex wipes and have them wipe all the surfaces in the house. You'd be surprised. And it gets your dusting done!
    barrettboys

Answer by barrettboys at 8:47 PM on Jun. 26, 2008