please help with hair!!!!!! lm posting here in hopes to get plenty of answers.

i was wanting to wait to get my tax return back to go have my hair done but i was feeling so blah i decided to get some hair color and try it myself..and now i regret it! I first bought a strawberry blonde and it turned my hair a pinkish color (my hair is natural blonde) so i had my husband pick up a light auburn thinking that it would turn it darker and all it did was make it orangey looking. What should i do. Should i wait to put more color on it? Would it damage my hair if i did. I'm thinking it wouldnt since i'm not going lighter. what color should i use to fix it? I know i'm not going to be able to get the strawberry blonde i was wanting so i guess i should shoot for darker but should i just get a dark brown or a dark auburn or what? if i get red would it just turn darker orange?

shay1130

Asked by shay1130 at 12:11 PM on Jan. 13, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Call any of the toll free no.# on the Boxes to see what they suggest!! Good Luck! Hope you find what you're looking for! I recall once being sound asleep. My older DD helped the younger DD. I awoke to see younger DD with Pure Red Hair! It loooked like the Wig Jennifer Garnier wore on the show Alias!! Things like this happen. After that, my youngest DD was never natural blonde again! But I'll never forget being woke up seeing her hair!! Take Care!! May it go your way next time!!
    Angellinda

Answer by Angellinda at 12:55 PM on Jan. 13, 2010

• sounds like you should wait till you get to a hair salon cuz if you keep dyeing and dyeing it you could destroy your hair and if you dye again god knows what color it could turn out next, even though expensive if you wanna get your hair to a normal likeable color again i would go see a pro
    jsimonds220

Answer by jsimonds220 at 12:13 PM on Jan. 13, 2010

• You should suck up the cost and go to a professional hairdresser. Or wait until you have more money. Any new dye you put in will react to the other dyes and you will most likely end up with something REALLY bad. My sister had an experience similar to what you described and she ended up with different colors all over her head. Nobody looks good as a calico.
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 12:14 PM on Jan. 13, 2010

• That's a tough one. I'm not really sure. I've never tried to go lighter so I've never run into any problems. I know some of the at home kits have a # you can call and they can guide you to the right color. Also, if you buy a new kit, cut a small lock of hair from the under side of your hair and test it first. Some kits will tell you how to do this. Other than that, I would suggest going to see a pro. Good luck! I hope you find the color you want!
    Megs5384

Answer by Megs5384 at 12:15 PM on Jan. 13, 2010

• go see a pro...But don't be surprised if it costs more then a normal color, cause now you most likely bumped it up to a corrective. If you keep coloring it a pro probably won't even touch it for fear of severe breakage....
    Soniam301

Answer by Soniam301 at 12:17 PM on Jan. 13, 2010

• let me guess,you used Feria for the strawberry blonde? that stuff has some strange highlights,pink and lavender! as far as the color,you have two options,live with it,or go to a professional.If you color again you wont have any hair to worry about!
    TMJ121099

Answer by TMJ121099 at 12:25 PM on Jan. 13, 2010

• I know where you are coming from, I did my own hair for a very long time and once my hair turned a bright almost purple color. I waited a week and just did it all brown. Stay away from anything auburn, red tented etc.. it will just make the reddish color brighter. A brown will cover it and you still might have a hint of red in it. You can also strip your hair, wait a few days then add new color. But I really don't recommend doing that, your hair will be a 100 different colors for a few days until you can add the new color. Stay with the same hair color brand, don't mix them. If you used loriel the first time and the second DON'T buy a new brand, they may have different chemicals that might not go well with the old and new color.
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 12:26 PM on Jan. 13, 2010

• Your other option, if you don't have the money for a professional is to go to a beauty school. They are usually less than half as much. Whatever you do, don't color it again yourself...EVER.
    twin_mommy

Answer by twin_mommy at 12:28 PM on Jan. 13, 2010

• i thought a brown would probably cover it too but should it be a darker or lighter? ...and do i really need to wait a whole week?
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 12:30 PM on Jan. 13, 2010

• Yes, you do want to wait, a darker brown would be best but not the almost black. I have dyed mine twice in one week but never 3 times LOL.. to scared it would fall out. I have also striped it and waited 2 days and recolored it. I really think it is safer to wait to dye it for the 3rd time. I only go to a shop now to get my hair done because of the highlights. Before that, I did it myself.
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 12:37 PM on Jan. 13, 2010