Is there enough jobs for everyone who wants to work to have a job?

Do you really believe that?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:16 PM on Jan. 13, 2010 in Just for Fun

• No. And there definitely are not enough living wage jobs out there. The jobs in the US have been dwindling since the 1980's. In fact, during the decade of 1999-2009 there was ZERO job growth (new jobs created) in this country. Jobs are outsourced, companies offshore, companie lay off and cut lower employeed to increase their profit margins and the salaries of CEO's (the average CEO in this country makes 500% more than the average grunt worker for the same company).. The job situation in this country is NOT going to get any better anytime soon. The only way it's going to begin to reverse is if : trade agreements are restructured to, offshoring & outshoring gov policies changed so that companies do not BENEFIT from those practices like they do right now, and we if we go back to being a MANUFACTURING based economy instead of a CONSUMPTION based economy and we have to get away from the service industry being our main workforce.
    Anonymous

• No, I think the unemployment rate shows that. I mean they could go work at bk but some people might think thats below them. BUT my personal opinion even if they worked at a fast food place there still wouldn't be enough.
    armywife2009101

Answer by armywife2009101 at 12:18 PM on Jan. 13, 2010

• absolutely not. If there was then there would not be such a long line at the unemployment office, companies would not be laying off hundreds of people at a time and our economy would not be in crisis mode.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 12:26 PM on Jan. 13, 2010

• I think there are for sure. People just need to be humble and work at gas stations, fast food, grocery stores... so many people think they are too good for it - yet will go through the drive through with no problem.

There are also at home jobs - you just have to find the right one! I love mine!! And it cost NOTHING to do it!!
    RutterMama

Answer by RutterMama at 12:27 PM on Jan. 13, 2010

• I can'tt begin to tell you the last time I was 'now hiring' in any window or on any sign in my city. And the Wal-Mart where I live has a sign on the computer that says 'no longer accepting applications' So I don't think there is enough jobs for everyone- no
    Anonymous

• Um. no. My dh didnt work for almost 2 years and trust me.........he wanted to.
    Anonymous

• Are there, not is there

And no there are not, even if the people who thought fast food was beneath them took the fast food jobs, then where would the high school kids go?  Unemployment is actually much higher than 10%.  That is just who qualifies to collect unemployment and doesn't count many who have used up their unemployment or teens who haven't gotten their first job, but would like one.

Anonymous

• 'Are there, not is there'
    No one asked you for a grammar lesson-that was unnecessary. -of course I guess this is to so there ya go.

No i don't believe for a min there is enough jobs.
    Anonymous

• I think there are jobs to go around if people are willing to work them. But there are some people (such as my brother in law who thinks that just becuase he has a degree, that he's too good to work entry level or fast food type jobs!) who will not work certain jobs, or don't want jobs that require physical work. So yes, I think there are plenty of jobs. One of the other problems is that the people who need the jobs may not be qualified for the job, either. So there being jobs and there being correct employees to fill it is a whole other story.
    Anonymous

• a 3rd issue is that the jobs may not be where the unemployed are. For example my uncle was laid off. His job was moved to a different stand. Had he wished to move, he would have a job, but since his family and roots are here, he decided to look for another.
    Anonymous