Are there any parents here in TX of children with Attachment disorder?

I am trying to find any parents in the Ft. Hood or surrounding areas who have children with attachment disorders. I am starting some projects, and have not met anyone in this area yet who has come forward. I myself have a child who was diagnosed with a severe attachment disorder. I have not found any support in this area, and would like to start up some services for support, and to educate school officials and other parents in the area on this severe disorder. Please contact me through here if you or anyone you know has a child with this disorder. Thank you.

vallygirl1979

Asked by vallygirl1979 at 12:30 PM on Jan. 13, 2010 in General Parenting

• I am not from Texas or anywhere near, nor do I have a child with such disorder, but can you please explain to me what that is?

Answer by older at 1:46 PM on Jan. 13, 2010

• Here is a website that explains the disorder and all aspects of it in pretty good detail. I'd try to explain it here, but it would probably take up a whole page, lol and maybe even confuse you. This disorder is becoming more well known, but because it's so controversial in some ways, a lot of people don't want to deal with it. It takes a lot of work to heal these kids, and it takes a lot out of a person. So people don't even want to go there basically. But here is the website. I hope it helps you to understand it.

http://www.attachmentdisorder.net/
    vallygirl1979

Answer by vallygirl1979 at 2:00 PM on Jan. 13, 2010