3 or 4 Day Preschool Week for PreK

Does anyone think that a 4 morning a week preschool program is too much for a 4 year old? She is currently doing three mornings a week and loving it. Her teacher seems to think she would Thrive doing the 4 day a week program (so do I ). Just getting opinions of other parents out there - we have to turn in the enrollment sheet by the end of the month....

micjones

Asked by micjones at 12:53 PM on Jan. 13, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• I say if she's doing great with 3 days and is loving school, then go for the 4th day! She'll be going 5 days in kinder, which would be a 2day/week jump... why not start that transition now while she'll be in a familiar setting? I say go for it! Good luck!
    Megs5384

Answer by Megs5384 at 1:05 PM on Jan. 13, 2010

• If she has adjusted well and enjoys it then why not sounds like a good idea to me!!
    jsimonds220

Answer by jsimonds220 at 12:55 PM on Jan. 13, 2010

• My daughter went to preschool 5 mornings/week at 4 years old - I was going back to school after separating from my ex and looking for childcare anyway. It worked out well for us, she loved it and her teacher was great!

Answer by missanc at 12:55 PM on Jan. 13, 2010

• I say go for it. I'm sure she'll be fine!
    August07Mom

Answer by August07Mom at 1:26 PM on Jan. 13, 2010

• If shes doing so well now, why not add one more day...it will make the adjustment to a full week easier!!
    sweetstkissez22

Answer by sweetstkissez22 at 1:32 PM on Jan. 13, 2010

• I think that doing 4 days is a good idea. so can learn more and get her prepared more for kindergarden.
    Puzzled

Answer by Puzzled at 1:56 PM on Jan. 13, 2010

• My 4 year old goes 5 days a week, and loves it, so I would be all for it.
    slw123

Answer by slw123 at 2:14 PM on Jan. 13, 2010

• no, I dont think its too much. I had my daughter in all week (5 days) pre-k and she is a bright smart teenager. I guess its just what you feel comfortable letting your child do.
    Texan1993

Answer by Texan1993 at 5:58 PM on Jan. 13, 2010

• I dont see nothing wrong with it. My 5 year old went to pre-k twice. it is monday-thursday either morning or afternoon. I took her from 11:55-2:25pm. Now she in half day kindergarten because i cant afford full day and its Monday-Friday same hours. My 3 1/2 year old now is in Pre-k and in the afternoon as well and same hours and days mon-thur
    aeroslove

Answer by aeroslove at 7:45 PM on Jan. 13, 2010