sneaky & lazy

What would you use as a consequence for a tween being sneaky & lazy trying to get out of a chore by doing a real... bad job? Just sneakiness in general, not bringing study material home so not to have to study for a test. So it's happening in school and at home.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:53 PM on Jan. 13, 2010 in General Parenting

• make them do more chores.
    gulfcoastmom4

Answer by gulfcoastmom4 at 12:55 PM on Jan. 13, 2010

• serious consequences. no cell, no computer, no tv. bring grades up and do chores... unless!
    Anonymous

• I would set up a homework sheet where my child had to write down all HW assignments and have the teacher sign off each day. As for chores, if he/she didn't complete the task and do it well, he/she would have to do it again and again until he/she does it right. Until the chore is complete, he/she would get no XBox, no t.v., etc. No privileges.

kenzie07

Answer by kenzie07 at 12:57 PM on Jan. 13, 2010

• Whatever you choose, be consistent.

Let entertainment be a reward for good behavior (TV, video games, etc.)

Answer by rkoloms at 12:58 PM on Jan. 13, 2010

• Sounds like my 9yo. She's raised getting out of chores to a new art form. Basically when she does something to try and get out of a chore then she's stuck in her room sitting on her bed until she wants to do her chores and do them correctly. Meanwhile all the kids that did their chores get to have a treat or watch a movie or whatever.
    Homework...this has been a real issue this year and she's only in the 4th grade. So every time she brings home a missed homework sheet she's grounded for the rest of the day. There was one point she brought home so many of them in a week and wasn't finishing her work in school that my husband made her write, "I will remember to do my homework" 100 times over the weekend. It took her all freaking weekend because she kept trying to get out of it. She's been doing pretty good lately about homework.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 2:47 PM on Jan. 13, 2010

• Take all priveledges away until the chores are done to your liking and the grades are brought up or homework is done. Its not that hard. You have to Be consistant.
    Texan1993

Answer by Texan1993 at 5:51 PM on Jan. 13, 2010