6 yr old party games?

My son't 6th b-day is on Saturday and I NEED some fun game ideas- all I have is pin the tail on the donkey! lol I need some help girls!

rose4607

Asked by rose4607 at 1:07 PM on Jan. 13, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• Well i bought this scene it disney channel game and its pretty fun, and they have all different kinds of scene it games for kids. Plus all the kids could play it at once I think. Also there is the game BUZZ, i think only 4 kids can play at once but its still a lot of fun. I think its for playstation? You'd have to look it up.
    sexy_can_i

Answer by sexy_can_i at 1:14 PM on Jan. 13, 2010

• Musical chairs is a great classic.

"get up and go" is a good variation of that, where you just have one chair too little and the person that's "it" says something like "everyone wearing red get up and go" and all the people wearing red have to jump up and find a chair. Meanwhile whoever is it tries to find a chair too.
    mogencreative

Answer by mogencreative at 1:16 PM on Jan. 13, 2010

• Pinata's are always a hit! When my son turned 6 we did a dinosaur dig and treasure sift. I bought fake jewels, real foreign coins and dinosaur bones (plastic dinosaur toys that were just bones) filled a large tupperware container (the kind that goes under your bed is large and flat) with sand and hid the dino bones and fake jewels and coins in the sand I gave each child a plastic bucket and shovel from the dollar store and they excavated the coins and bones and put them in their bucket, it was a HUGE hit and was replicated at other party attendees later on that year.
    Here is a link that has other ideas, I just wanted to share mine ; )
    http://www.birthdaypartyideas4kids.com/fun-birthday-party-games-5-6.htm
    67mermaid

Answer by 67mermaid at 1:32 PM on Jan. 13, 2010

• Does his party have a theme? I like to match the games to the theme (for example..the pin the tail on the donkey can be pin the tire on the truck or whatever would go with theme).

Games if there is space for it: red light, green light; relay races, 3 legged races,

Games requiring less space: Hot potato, freeze dance, balloon volley (don't let the balloon hit the ground), scavenger hunts, guessing games (how many (item) in containter; gross what is it where they feel things like cold cooked spaghetti without seeing what it is and have to guess); don't fall in (put something for kids to stand on on floor..anything from small rugs to paper. they have to move from one to another piece without "falling in" the water/lava/whatever you make the floor. Every so often you could take a piece away...last one standing wins.
    If you watch the show survivor you could make some sort of age appropriate challenges??
    mystiquepa

Answer by mystiquepa at 2:48 PM on Jan. 13, 2010

• Pinatas are lots of fun and you really don't have to have a lot of candy for them either. My mil bought the one for my kids birthday and she stuffed it full, maybe a little too full, IMO.

Do you have a theme for the party? Is it inside or outside?

Sorry I'm drawing a blank for additional ideas.
    Cafe Jenn

Answer by Cafe Jenn at 3:36 PM on Jan. 13, 2010