How do you clean them???

Just wondering how you clean your child(ren)'s tub toys. I have tried a few different things, spraying them with a safe water and bleach solution, washing them each by hand, popping them in the dishwasher on the lightest setting. I still never feel they are getting the cleanest they can be and I end up throwing stuff away, which I know is a waste of money. Sooo what do you do to clean them????

VinnysMomma10

Asked by VinnysMomma10 at 1:15 PM on Jan. 13, 2010 in General Parenting

• Well... she plays with them in the bathtub.. So when she is done I just rinse them and hang them in the net we have in the tub. LOL
    Anonymous

• I just use hot water and bleach once a month. I also rinse them in hot water after there bath.
    Anonymous

• has anyone ever put the rubber ducks in the dish washer. I think about it all the time cas sometimes when you squeeze the water out stuff come out.
    logansmom6106

Answer by logansmom6106 at 1:19 PM on Jan. 13, 2010

• You can fill the bath rub or the sink up and put hott water and bleach in it, and also i use ammonia and water, but after its been soaking for a while I empty it back out again and fill it back up with hott water to rinse of more the the ammonia. I def wait a day to give them back to them to make sure there is nothing left on it. Spay it with some lysol. Lysol is the best :)
    sexy_can_i

Answer by sexy_can_i at 1:21 PM on Jan. 13, 2010

• mixture of hot water and bleach about once a month or so. We squeeze and hang them in a little net attached to the side of the tub when bathtime is over so they don't get too yucky.

Answer by missanc at 1:31 PM on Jan. 13, 2010

• i did the same stuff and they never really got clean..all the water sitting on them all the time just causes mold and mildew build up on the toys and you dont want your kids playing with that. I just threw em all away. I told my son bath time is a time for getting clean and he can play when he gets out.
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 1:33 PM on Jan. 13, 2010

• I quit getting anything that has a hole to let the air in, they always mildew because you can never get them dry enough. They make solid rubber ducks that cannot get water inside them, and the rest of his tub toys are open so they can be dried completely. Once a month they go in a bucket of water with bleach for a little while to make sure there's no mildew growing on the outside.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 1:48 PM on Jan. 13, 2010

• vinegar and a toothbrush

Answer by rkoloms at 2:10 PM on Jan. 13, 2010

• I only wash our toys if a kid poops in the tub, so maybe like 5 times in the last 4 years. I've put them in a washerload of towels that I was bleaching anyway, to kill 2 birds with one stone. Any toys that squirt water that start to look gross inside, I just throw away. I haven't bought any replacement tub toys, since the kids are just as entertained by pouring water in & out of empty cottage cheese containers.
    raybird1031

Answer by raybird1031 at 2:28 PM on Jan. 13, 2010

• This...

Any toys that squirt water that start to look gross inside, I just throw away. I haven't bought any replacement tub toys, since the kids are just as entertained by pouring water in & out of empty cottage cheese containers.
    Anonymous