what should i do??

I am so exhausted i am 28 weeks pregnant and i have a 16 month old toddler running around everywhere.. if i go to my parents my mom will help me through the day my dr has told me to take it easy bc i already have been having pelvic pressure,, if i go to my mom's my boyfriend will not come he works 30 mins awy frm where my parents live.. and doesnt wanna drive that far idk what to do i wanna go to my parents bc my mom will help but i dont wanna b with out him.. how can i convince him to come with me or what should i do... please help me i am stuck in the middle and so exhausted.. she doesnt sleep through the night...........

bbd75939

Asked by bbd75939 at 1:24 PM on Jan. 13, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I think it's crazy that your bf wont drive 30 mintues to work if it helps you out! my husband drives over an hour to work every day, I would think 20 minutes wouldn't be bad at all. If he don't want to go then visit him on weekends and have a date night through the week. you need help and your mom is more than willing, right now that is more important. you can be with your bf inbetween times! gl
    Anonymous

• sorry.. meant 30 minutes not 20
    Anonymous

• Can't your Mom come to you for the day or you just spend time with her during the day and go home at night.
    Anonymous

• He needs to grow up...or you need to get over him. Your babies life is more important than his not wanting to drive.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 1:29 PM on Jan. 13, 2010

• Well the answer is simple. You need to do this for the baby. Not yourself! If he can't drive 30 miles out of his way during his work week, then he can come and visit when he isn't working. You need to rest like the doctor says. Sometimes you need to make sacrifices in life, and this time may call for it. Good luck!
    Anonymous

• You need to get your 16 month old sleeping thru the night and I think you will feel better. Just lay her down at night, do the whole routine of bedtime, snuggle, kisses, whatever you do and tell her a simple, nite-nite, love you and leave her room quickly and calmly. The more you do, the more room she will have to fuss about it. If she gets up, put her back without a word. Say "no, its bedtime," calmly and leave. Just remeber to stay clam. Thats the key. It's takes a few nights, but I have been through the toddler hell a few times, I know how it is.
    As far as you needing someone to help you, just go to you mom and have her help you. Your man can fend for himself and if he wants to be selfish and not come with you, oh well. You need that time to relax and unwind... your doc said so. Hey, you are preggers, take advantage of it now. Once you have two kids, it's way crazier than you could ever imagine. :)
    mom2BOYZnDad

Answer by mom2BOYZnDad at 1:33 PM on Jan. 13, 2010

• Just go to your Mom's for the day every other day or something..I used to do that when my first was a baby, I would nap or take a long bath while she watched the baby or we would all go to lunch or something.

Anonymous

• (i just wanted to add a note of support because i just knew someone would try to act like doing X, Y, and Z will easily get your child to sleep through the night. my child woke frequently until he was 17 months and didn't really sleep through the night consistently until around 24 months. sometimes doing what mom above recommended will work but it does not work with some children. some children just do not sleep through the night until they are older. it's normal, just not so common. more common than i originally would have thought though . i just wanted to say that in case that comment frustrated you so much like i know it would have done if someone said that to me a few months ago! )

good luck to you!
    Anonymous

• The best advice I received as a new mom is that, "SLEEP IS A LEARNED THING." Just like when the clocks change or you move to a different time zone, you adjust your body to sleep on that schedule, so does a baby when they come into the world. I agree with both Annon, 2:11pm and Mom2BOYZndad. I wouldn't even go into their room, unless they won't stop after 15 or 20 min. call me mean and inconsiderate, but you need your sleep, as does your 17month old. Take the help from your mom. swap houses (as in you go there, or she comes here) deal. Work it out with your sweety to spend some time with your family...if it is going to be a long term thing-he's got to learn to deal with them sometime.

Good Luck, take care of yourself. That is #1!
    absalmond

Answer by absalmond at 3:20 PM on Jan. 13, 2010

• absalmond i am anon 2:11 and i don't see how you are agreeing with me... you are agreeing with mom2, who i disagree with. some children will not sleep through the night until they are over 2. even when you are pregnant, your existing child needs you too. also letting a child scream every night will not allow the mother or the child more sleep, but less. of course for some children, this strategy will work, but in others, it doesn't work, and many moms are unwilling to let their child scream, and prefer to comfort them. sometimes you can *get a child to sleep through the night*. sometimes you cannot.
    Anonymous