Has anyone wanted or has divorced/separated b/c of major financial issues with your husband?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:24 PM on Jan. 13, 2010 in Relationships

• No. I signed up for life with him, even if he is financially retarded. I see abuse, addiction, and affairs as the only valid reasons for a divorce ever.
    Anonymous

• Major financial issues as in the economy has drained your family of funds, housing, transportation, etc or financial issues like he controls the money and won't give you any or he spends the money (gambling, drinking, drugs, etc)?

Answer by admckenzie at 1:34 PM on Jan. 13, 2010

• I left my ex because of his control issues, but his having all control over the finances was a huge part of it.

Answer by missanc at 1:38 PM on Jan. 13, 2010

• Im going through the same thing. We used to have a lot of fun together cuz we had money to go out. Now its stressfull cux all we can afford is bills, barely. I nag at him all the time & seems like that is all I talk about. Try to make it work. Do you really want to get a divorce cuz of money?? If you two need a seperation, thats fine. But a divorce is painful and expensive. LAst night was the first night my Dh & I had fun together. The night before we said the D word. SO we played video games for a while, has sex (its hard to think about sex when youre stressed, but just do it cuz it is a big stress reliever; plus you are showing that you love each other) then we stayed up watching movies. Try to find things you can do for free (together & seperate) Bundle up & go for a walk. start going to a class ( I just started a free parenting class) stay in for movie & popcorn, if needed go to marriage counceling. Do you really want to m
    Amberoz

Answer by Amberoz at 1:44 PM on Jan. 13, 2010

• cont...make it work?? Then do it. I agree with admackenzie about logical reasons for a divorce..
    Amberoz

Answer by Amberoz at 1:46 PM on Jan. 13, 2010

• During my first marriage I threw my husband out because he would spend all the money on drugs and bounce checks.
    So we talked about it, made up and stayed together another 18 months. We agreed to not have a checking account and did things differently. It worked but then he became controlling and abusive when it came to money and the needs of the family.
    His greed, anger, hostility, and control, all had to do with money and drugs.
    I told him to give up drugs or I'm leaving
    He said, don't let the door hit you in the ass.

When a husband puts other things before his wife......lust.greed,drugs....then there should be a seperation until things can be worked out. If things cannot be worked out then it is time to move on
    Anonymous

• Aside from the fact that my ex husband was an alcoholic and physically abusive, that was one of the reasons I divorced him. Not because we didn't have a lot of money, but because he'd over withdrawal our bank account at the BAR, knowing we had kids to raise. He put himself before them, and that, to me, was a good reason to add it to list of other good reasons I wanted a divorce, lol. Simply having a low income is a cop out. My fiance and I are not "well off" by ANY means, but there is a roof over our heads, food to eat, gas for our vehicles, the bills are paid, and that's all that matters. We take care of our responsibilities, and we're HAPPY.
    milfalicious08

Answer by milfalicious08 at 4:42 PM on Jan. 14, 2010