Fat Burner

I am looking for a very good fat burner pill or powder that works to go with my trying to eat right and exercise. Any suggestions?

rlmaye

Asked by rlmaye at 1:27 PM on Jan. 13, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• Those energy powder drink mixes I hear increase energy......but I've mostly seen men use it. I run alot and participate in 5k's 10k's and half marathons.....I usually have a power bar and plenty of electrolites while I exercise. I'd be wary of taking pills...but then again I'm very sensitive to things that increase energy. Maybe ask your doctor?
    LynnB1

Answer by LynnB1 at 1:37 PM on Jan. 13, 2010

• Diets and diet aids (if they even work) are temporary fixes. Unless you learn how to eat healthy for life, you will not be able to maintain a healthy weight and will stay on the gain/lose roller coaster - frustrating for you and hard on your body. Drink at least 8 8oz glasses of water every day. Eat 5-6 servings of whole grains (brown rice, whole grain bread, etc.) every day. Eat 7-8 servings of fruits and vegetables every day, in at least 3 different colors. Eat at least 2 servings of legumes every day. You will lose weight. You will have more energy. You will maintain a healthy weight. You will get sick less often. You will be setting a wonderful example for your children. You can get free meal plans and recipes from Dr. McDougall, or find his books at your local library: http://www.drmcdougall.com/free.html
    Eat an apple or a big pile of vegetables before meals.

Answer by rkoloms at 2:07 PM on Jan. 13, 2010