Feedings?

Ok my daughter is almost 9 months old and my father and his girlfriend have been trying to help me the best way they can seeing how I'm a single parent.But I'm questioning the feeding schedule that they have me doing with her.According to them she only should get 2 bottles of formula a day,once in the morning and one at bedtime and the rest of the day is baby food and juice,is that ok or should she be having more formula?Any advice would be great thanks

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:35 PM on Jan. 13, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Um i'm not a doctor or anything but I'm pretty sure she should be having more than 2 bottles a day. My son is 9 mths old as well and he has around 4 - 5 bottles a day, along with plenty of other foods. BUT if i was you, just ask your doctor. They can give you the best answer.
    sexy_can_i

Answer by sexy_can_i at 1:37 PM on Jan. 13, 2010

• She should be getting around 28 oz of formula/day. My son was bfed, but at 9 months he was nursing 5 times/day and when I would supplement with bottles for a day he would drink around 20 ounces (probably would have drank more if I could have pumped more). Juice is not necessary at all. Food is fine, but his main nutrition should be from formula until he turns1. At 9 months he can be transitioning to table food as well, just cut up what you are eating very small (or you can try cheerios, giant rice krispies, gerber puffs, etc). Consult your pediatrician as well - he/she would be a great resource for these types of questions.

Answer by missanc at 1:42 PM on Jan. 13, 2010

• I just had my nine month check up for my little guy, and the doctor was wanting him to be drinking between 6-8 oz. every 3-4 hours, so I imagine your daughter should have more than two bottles a day. However, as pp mentioned, I would consult your doctor.
    JewelsE

Answer by JewelsE at 1:43 PM on Jan. 13, 2010

• Talk to your doctor!! He'll tell you exactly what to feed her. Or read "What to Expect the First Year". I think it's about 24 - 30 ounces of formula, but I really don't remember.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 1:43 PM on Jan. 13, 2010

• 16 - 24 oz a day is "the norm" but most babies consume a little more during the day. This amount also depends on the amount of food the baby gets a day. As for the juice, the baby should only have 4 ounces a day.. Talk to your Dr. the number of ounces is just a guide, most will figure out the ideal number of ounces by the child's weight.
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 1:50 PM on Jan. 13, 2010